Technical Fiat grande punto 2007 1.3 JTD engine mounts

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat grande punto 2007 1.3 JTD engine mounts

HermanV

Hello everyone, so I need to change my engine and transmision mounts but i don't know how many there are. Does anybody know ? and if so can you tell me wich ones to buy because I've seen different ones on the internet. Thank you !

Hello everyone, so I need to change my engine and transmision mounts but i don't know how many there are. Does anybody know ? and if so can you tell me wich ones to buy because I've seen different ones on the internet. Thank you !
If you are changing it because of a knocking noise on going on and off the accelerator the "dog bone" one that ties the bottom of the gearbox/engine to the subframe is the usual issue. Probably looking like this. The other two big mounts hang the engine and gearbox off them, so if the "dog bone " one fails the engine and gearbox can swing forward and back, giving a knock. ;)
1680012753477.png

If you are changing it because of a knocking noise on going on and off the accelerator the "dog bone" one that ties the bottom of the gearbox/engine to the subframe is the usual issue. Probably looking like this. The other two big mounts hang the engine and gearbox off them, so if the "dog bone " one fails the engine and gearbox can swing forward and back, giving a knock. ;)
View attachment 420757
Ohh thanks alot !! Yes I have an issue whenever I change gears, you can hear a knock and whenever I let go of the clutch to the biting point to move forward you can a knock.

View attachment 420757
Hi I have a favor to ask, could you also send the 2 other engine mounts, im telling to myself if I change one mount might aswell change them all just to be sure. Thanks !!

Hi I have a favor to ask, could you also send the 2 other engine mounts, im telling to myself if I change one mount might aswell change them all just to be sure. Thanks !!
You can do a search on eBay for them , but personally I would change the one I mentioned first as that is the most common as it's job is to stop the engine "kicking" forward and backwards.
The other two will require supporting the engine as you fit them as they take the weight of the engine, the one I said about, once you undo the bolts you can just push the bottom of the engine out the way with your hand as you fit the mounting.

If you look on the forums ePER link

You will see the detail of how the 199model punto is built

When I bought my 1st 1248 mj in a 199grande the bolt could not be removed from the car... ( it is fitted when the car body is far away from the engine and gearbox....with no exhaust pipes)

You can do a search on eBay for them , but personally I would change the one I mentioned first as that is the most common as it's job is to stop the engine "kicking" forward and backwards.
The other two will require supporting the engine as you fit them as they take the weight of the engine, the one I said about, once you undo the bolts you can just push the bottom of the engine out the way with your hand as you fit the mounting.
Okay will do thanks a lot !!

If you look on the forums ePER link

You will see the detail of how the 199model punto is built

When I bought my 1st 1248 mj in a 199grande the bolt could not be removed from the car... ( it is fitted when the car body is far away from the engine and gearbox....with no exhaust pipes)
WOW didn't know that site it's really usefull thanks a lot !!

Back