Technical Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 2009 Idle RPM issue

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 2009 Idle RPM issue

bRcbtw

Hey guys,

I've got a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet 2009, it's awesome and stable, but I got a slight issue.

The issue starts with the RPMs, the car runs perfectly fine at 800 RPM, but everyday once or twice the car decides to increase the RPM to 1000 and it only goes away when I shut the car off for atleast a good 10-15 seconds and restart it again. From there the car runs just fine with the RPM at 800.

When the 1000 RPM increase happens, the engine shakes and the fuel consumption goes up. (From avg. 4.6/100km to 6.0/100km)

I already changed Injectors, tried to blank the EGR, did a regeneration on the DPF, got new exhaust sealing, new Fuel Filter, cleaned the Air Mass Meter.

Also 2 days ago when the 1000 RPM thing happened, I plugged in a Diagnostic system (Launch) to see what's going on with the values and when I entered the car's "brain" the engine immediately stopped revving at 1000 RPM and dropped back to 800. This seemed kinda strange for me.

I would love to hear from you guys, and I hope you can help me. :)

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem on euro4 Grande Punto 1.3 90hp 6speed 2007 model. I suspect there is something happening with the dpf regeneration. Although there is nothing on the dash like a light or something to show me that regeneration is happening. I don't know if there is supposed to be a light on the dash anyway. I have cleaned the egr and the intake manifold from the carbon buildup a year ago but the problem still exists. I hope someone has something to suggest. Did you have any luck from then?

Back