General Fiat forino 2017 multijet 2 small van

Currently reading:
General Fiat forino 2017 multijet 2 small van

Charley01

I have a Fiat forino 1.3 multijet 2 2017 100.000 miles on the clock and has been running a little rough recently so I had it checked out and according to the mechanic the injectors were in bad shape 2 had gone and 2 on the way out so I replaced them and the car seemed good for a while and recently seems to be running a bit rough bearing in mind I changed the glow plugs! Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem or problems thanking yous.

Hi :)
100k is approaching 'service life' for a few components

Need a bit more info:

Has fuel efficiency dropped noticably..

Does it tick over smoothly

Injectors at 100k isnt too common..
Ive had 3 of these motors..all ran well and all 3 had different sounds !!

Servicing.. fuel and airfilters

Regular oil and filter is crucial

Of course DPF is another fly in the ointment.. are things being done properly alongside oil services..??

Does it Regen ok??

Last edited:
Hi :)
100k is approaching 'service life' for a few components

Need a bit more info:

Has fuel efficiency dropped noticably..

Does it tick over smoothly

Injectors at 100k isnt too common..
Ive had 3 of these motors..all ran well and all 3 had different sounds !!

Servicing.. fuel and airfilters

Regular oil and filter is crucial

Of course DPF is another fly in the ointment.. are things being done properly alongside oil services..??

Does it Regen ok??
Thanks so much for your reply. Had it about 18 months serviced 2 times a year since bout but I do a lot of miles due to work, starts rough so had the glow plugs replaced still the same so had it checked by mechanic said it sounded like injectors as when I accelerated it kept jumping and the power was slow to build, since had the injectors done all 4 of them runs a whole lot better but still seems like there is a slow build up of power when accelerating and sometimes a pungent smell of smelly oil but that has always been there but just now and then it raises its head, great little van but a bit lost at what to do when a few mechanics say it's running ok? starts rough every time but goes ok!

Thanks for reply guys just to update you I had new injectors put in had new glow plugs put in had oil change and oil filter done and it is still juddering esp up hill not as bad as it was before but still it is doing it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Just an update on my fiat forino 1.3 multijet 2 ipf you have read my recent posts. Ive had all 4 injectors replaced, had glow plugs replaced, give it oil change,and fuel filter replaced which was bad, and the car is running the best its run but still shudders from time to time also starts roughing! I give up!

I'd be looking at the EGR system. (Exhaust gas recirculation) This will eventually lead to quite a lot of carbon building up in the inlet, and the EGR valve itself can clog and become sticky in operation.
Don't follow the route of blanking it off, clean it properly and get it working as it should.

If that doesn't show anything, I'd consider timing chain, as these can last a very long time, or can stretch and break at around this mileage. This seems to depend on service history, as they do like regular fresh oil. If you've not had it from new, the previous owner may not have been as diligent as we'd hope.

Simple thing, ensure all the intake hose connections are secure. Small air leaks can upset the engine management.

Thanks bill much appreciated will give it a go it's a wonderful little motor Just would love to drive it properly without worrying if its gonna shudder from time to time thanks pal.

Back