Fiat ex-boss Marchionne dies at 66

Currently reading:
Fiat ex-boss Marchionne dies at 66

Very sad news. He did make a lot of unpopular decisions but on the flip side its highly likely that without him we would not have Fiat anymore and they may well have gone bust years ago.

66 is no age to go, and under very unfortunate circumstances. :(

It's incredibly sad news. Without Sergio, we wouldn't have great cars like the Grande Punto, 500, current model Panda, 159, and Brera. RIP Sergio. [emoji45]

Now that someone from Jeep is in charge, looks like we can say RIP to Fiat as well.

Last edited:
Whilst I don't think Fiat will be fully departing from the UK just yet, their future is bleak: sadly, all the emphasis is on the easy profits currently provided by jeep and chrysler, and Fiat will basically just make the Panda and 500. [emoji20] It saddens me to say it, but I doubt I'll be able to own many more Fiats. I'll have to switch to Hyundai instead.

Whilst I don't think Fiat will be fully departing from the UK just yet, their future is bleak: sadly, all the emphasis is on the easy profits currently provided by jeep and chrysler, and Fiat will basically just make the Panda and 500. [emoji20] It saddens me to say it, but I doubt I'll be able to own many more Fiats. I'll have to switch to Hyundai instead.

I’m not sure why they bothered with Chrysler or Jeep to be honest

Jeep deserves its reputation as long as it is a rugged 4x4 able to transport a family over a nasty icy road somewhere in the Alps. The original Cherokee is not a bad car at all.
I am not so sure about the models targeting young mums with bleached hair and artificial tan who use the machinery to block two parking spaces in local Tesco/Lidl.
Chrysler is useless brand, at least in Europe. Dunno about Murca.

Back