General Fiat ducato

Currently reading:
General Fiat ducato

barnarello

Hi,

I have a 63 plate Fiat ducato and I’m having a problem with bellowing white smoke when I m reaching the top of inclines, I’ve had the EGR valve replaced and the DPF cleaned but still not sorted, I’m getting so frustrated as it’s literally covering anything that’s In my wake.

Please Help

Best

Nick

As airwave says coolant , leaking onto a hot exhaust? Codes would be very useful, plus and I know this sounds strange , what does the white smoke smell like :) I had a Citroen with white smoke because it was trying to do a Regen of a blocked DPF and really made your eyes water, then not in your case (as fully warmed up pulling up a hill) diesels with low compression on finally starting give out white smoke due to unburnt fuel (you could smell the diesel) and finally again not in your case as an apprentice in 1970 we had an Alfa Romeo Guiletta that went well but chucked out horrible smelling white smoke, the other clue was the owner used lots of brake fluid, the seals had gone in the master cylinder leaking brake fluid into the vacuum servo which in turn was "sucked" into the the inlet manifold and burnt.

Back