Ducato Fiat Ducato

Currently reading:
Ducato Fiat Ducato

AndrewSutton

Hi
I am new to forums so please be patient, I own a 2010 Motor home with a Ducato 130 Chassis It has been sick with faulty EGR Valve since April, and I have just been contacted by customer services in Italy to inform me a replacement can not be supplied until October at the earliest, does any one else have any problems getting spares, the one that has gone faulty has only done 2000 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prhaps it just needs a good clean up. it is common for them to stick on recreational low mileage vehicles. There are minimal parts that can actually fail and it is usually gummed up.

See attached link specifically at 3.31 minutes.

Thank you for that
My son who is a fully trained HGV Mechanic stripped the EGR Valve off cleaned it in desperation, as the main dealer was not prepared to undertake, the plunger and valve were clean.
Then took Motorhome on a 3000mile tour of Europe, as long as we restart engine no more than 2 hours after running It will start next day.
Still broke down in Germany and return to Kent managed to restart with Hammer and a lot of cursing.
Talking to a few overseas motor-homers they having same problems hence i believe spare shortage.
Fiat are not admitting to any problems.

RayC /Andrew.Thanks for the video. Do you know how to get at the EGR as I have no info at all. Its an Escape 2198cc 2010. Has 3,800 on clock.
Terry

[ ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1427279225.902168.jpgATTACH]151888[/ATTACH]

These may help if the engines correct, should be available from most motor factors like euro car parts and online parts suppliers, cost less the the unavailable genuine item

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1427279212.232808.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1427279212.232808.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 47
Back