Technical Fiat Ducato tuning

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato tuning

PAVLIDIS

Good morning!
I'm new to the forum and I want your help.
I have a Fiat Ducato 2,8 idtd 2000 and I want to increase its power. I have seen on the internet various devices that interfere with the engine and increase the power.
can someone recommend me a device?
thank you very much
John

The little boxes that interfere with the injectors are not particularly well regarded. You need a proper remap. Suggest to remappers and insurance company that you want it for better fuel economy and to go up hills better. insurance companies are normally OK with this and don't charge extra , but check beforehand. Disclamer is your Clutch up to it ,they all fail after a remap (so say the naysayers)
Remember it's a fiat not a ferrari.

The little boxes that interfere with the injectors are not particularly well regarded. You need a proper remap. Suggest to remappers and insurance company that you want it for better fuel economy and to go up hills better. insurance companies are normally OK with this and don't charge extra , but check beforehand. Disclamer is your Clutch up to it ,they all fail after a remap (so say the naysayers)
Remember it's a fiat not a ferrari.
Thanks for your reply. I have no problem with my insurance. I am interested in raising as much as possible the newton / horsepower to climb the big uphills more comfortably.

Do you know to suggest me a solution (tuning)?

As said in previous reply: a remap. Gone are the days you start by reporting the head bigger valves etc . You start with the engine ECU AND get it reprogrammed ie remapped. If your van is too old to have an ecu the cheapest/ best way would be to get a newer van.what van/ engine have you got
I have a motorhome caravan with a Ducato 2.8 itdt of 2000 with 122 horsepower.

You cannot remap a mechanical fuel injection engine, of which the 2.8 idTD is an example.

However it should be possible to increase the boost pressure slightly, and to modify the fuel pump so as to increase the amount of fuel injected.

I have a memory of reading an article about injector pump modifications, but I cannot currently remember the details other than that either a cam or fuel metering valve was replaced.

Having carried out a web search from curiosity, I have found this commercial site, but I do not think that it was what I am partially remembering. Perhaps further searching will reveal more.

Fiat Ducato 2,8 idtd 2000 and I want to increase its power.

Oh dear , sorry mate , you can't . Yes there are devices that will adjust a motors performance , but with your motor they won't work . These devices attach to an ecu , and adjust the vehicles operating parameters . Your vehicle being an idtd , and not a jtd , i'm afraid an ecu is something you don't have , so these electronic adjusters have nothing to connect to .

There are ways of increasing the power output on your van , but basically this means changing turbos , and injectors , for what is a relatively small gain in performance , and a heavy reduction in reliability . There is also , a serious lightening of your wallet . Brutal truth is , the only real way to gain power is to drop a bigger lump in , and i'm not joking .

Oh and by the way , i also have a 2000 , 2.8 idtd Ducato .

Sorry my friend

Back