General Fiat Ducato 94 tail light holder

Currently reading:
General Fiat Ducato 94 tail light holder

ScottBell

Hello Fiat family,

My partner and I have just picked up a ducato 94 and are travelling around Europe for the next couple of months.

We have an issue with our left tail light holder. The driving lights don't work but the brake and blinkers do. I've proved its not the bulbs and I've sanded the connection terminal for a better connection and nothing still.

I'm looking to replace the lamp holder, am I correct in saying that I can order any tail light holder from 94 through to 2002?

Thanks!

The years ranging from 1994 to 2002 cover the second generation pre-facelift Ducato model, so you are probably correct.

However before trying to purchase a replacement bulb holder, have you proved that it is the holder that is faulty?

The use of a simple 12V automotive test lamp, will give a definite indication, while a multimeter can give a misleading voltage reading when testing via a bad connection elsewhere in the circuit.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to say that I tested the working side with a meter and got a normal reading. The only thing I can think of is the lamp holder itself.

How rare is it that the wiring itself would be shot?

Thanks

Hi Scotbell, I have a 1996 Ducato and recently had a problem with one of the two number plate lights. I went through all the usual checks, new bulb, contact cleaning etc. nothing. I then took a knife and scraped the insulation from the wires where they met the bayonet connectors at the back of the bulb holder. The wires were corroded but, after scraping, I got a good reading on my multimeter. I,therefore, removed and replaced the bayonet connectors. Problem solved. hope this helps. Ian

Back