General Fiat Ducato 1999 1.9d pulling to the left & after turning around pull to the right

Currently reading:
General Fiat Ducato 1999 1.9d pulling to the left & after turning around pull to the right

dodgyfiatvan

Fiat Ducato 1999 1.9d pulling to the left & after turning around pull to the right

Fiat ducato 1999 1.9d
Steering fault, if you drive it down the road it will pull to the left for example and then if you turn around it will pull to the right,
could it be a steering rack problem?
have checked the ball joints, tie rods and tracking and it is none of them,
any one have any ideas?

Re: Fiat Ducato 1999 1.9d pulling to the left & after turning around pull to the righ

Hi,
my 1997 2.5d does the same thing and has done so for the year I've owned it. I've just learned to live with the problem and not take take my hands off the wheel on a straight after doing a sharp turn!
Keep well,
Torq

Re: Fiat Ducato 1999 1.9d pulling to the left & after turning around pull to the righ

My 97 1.9 td does the same.
I'm told by my garage it's the bearing in the top of one the the front struts.
They start to sieze up with age, knock off the ball joint and you should be able to turn each wheel with it jacked up. One will be stiffer.
Mike

thanks for the advice, i will try it, if anyone else has any other ideas about this problem feel free to comment!
thanks

mikey72 is right I suffered for 6 mnths before I found the problem. Difficulty is compressing the spring to remove the top bearing, but once done it'll solve the problem.

its definately the bearings seizing in the top of the struts. I had this on mine last year and it got really bad. In the end I put it into the garage to have the job done - from memory about £200.

Back