General Fiat doblo van engine timing

Currently reading:
General Fiat doblo van engine timing

tuckermoto

Hi all I've been a right banana today and during a cam belt kit change on a fiat doblo 1.9 d cargo 2002 I was distracted by the new water pump leaking and I took the timing belt back of with out marking it up on the cam / crank sprockets and crank cases I have fixed the new water pump leak ( faulty o ring ) but now have a engine with the cam and crank not timed together no cam belt fitted and they have been turned can anyone advise how to retime this engine again starting from afresh with no can belt on and also how to time up the fuel pump at the same time ..any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks Richard

Last edited:
Hi all I've been a right banana today and during a cam belt kit change on a fiat doblo 1.9 d cargo 2002 I was distracted by the new water pump leaking and I took the timing belt back of with out marking it up on the cam / crank sprockets and crank cases I have fixed the new water pump leak ( faulty o ring ) but now have a engine with the cam and crank not timed together no cam belt fitted and they have been turned can anyone advise how to retime this engine again starting from afresh with no can belt on and also how to time up the fuel pump at the same time ..any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks Richard

Hi. Is there a hole for a peg (drill bit)?

No idea on that one information for fiats is so hard to get hold off I just want to retime the cam the crank and
The pump then just refit the cam belt

Thank you for coming back I can not find any information for the 1.9d on a 2002 plate can you advise where to look

Still trying to find how to time the crank / cam and fuel pump I've looked on the forum but to no avail no belt on I need to start by setting it individually then fit on the cam belt any information is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Ok just one more thing how can I check tdc on the 1.9d engine if I haven't got the cam belt on ..I know with a petrol engine you can take the plugs out and use clock gauge I've done that but not sure how to do a Diesel engine obviously it hasn't got plugs to take out do these engines have any other markings to find tdc on the fly wheel maybe apart from taking the head off I can't see how I can do it

Last edited:
Back