Technical Fiat Doblo ECU problem....

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Doblo ECU problem....

cmargiolas

Hello. I am having a problem with my Fiat Doblo 1.2 8V, model 2001. My ECU is having a problem and misfires so 3 cylinders work. My ECU code is IAW 59F.SC. I have found a brand new ECU from UK but the problem is that the store there has this ECU code for my Fiat Doblo.. IAW 59F.DE. Can you tell me what the difference is? Will it work? My car has an immobilizer so will it work when fitted?
Thank you
Costas Margiolas
please e-mail also

[email protected]

Hi.
Remember that if you have a misfire in only one cylinder the problem is going to be a coil, HT lead or plug or even a blown head gasket. The reason I say this is each coil feeds two cylinders with a simultaneous spark one on the firing stroke and to the dead cylinder on its exhaust stroke (al a Citroen 2CV).
Is it always the same cylinder? If so try swapping the two HT leads on the coil pack feeding the suspect cylinder and see if the fault moves to the opposite cylinder.
If there was an ECU fault the duty cycle on one coil would be 50% of the other coil, an easy check with a strobe!

Thanks for the help. I have checked the problem with a marelli diagnostic and it shows ecu.... I believe it misfires 2 .......not sure but I am quite sure its the ECU...
So if you know anything about these ECU's please tell me...Thank you

Back