Technical Fiat Doblo 263 1.3 - No oil pressure when hot after new pump/timing [HELP NEEDED]

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Doblo 263 1.3 - No oil pressure when hot after new pump/timing [HELP NEEDED]

Thanks for the fed back, very much appreciated. At least I have a clearer picture.....finding a decent mechanic here who will give a fair assessment is the million dollar question!!!!
It's possible the "thicker" 10/40 oil could quieten the bearings temporarily, but it does sound like, as is said get a decent mechanic to give you some advise on engine condition.
None of this happens overnight, so to me as a retired mechanic, if I heard knocking as you describe on one of my customers cars I would have advised them that not to waste money on that engine.
Different if they advised you engine was knackered and told you what they were doing was just to patch it up temporarily.
They didn't sell you the van in the first place?;)

As a teenager I bought a 1955 Morris Minor from a friend for £10 that was running on 90 grade gear oil to attempt to quieten the bearings, it was so loud a policeman stopped us as he thought it was a noisy exhaust. I told him it was a knackered engine about to blow up and proved it stopping the engine by putting my foot over the exhaust so proved no exhaust leaks.
Still hopeing for a conviction he asked "isn't that dangerous?" So I told him there were two qualified mechanics in the car and we were not bothered, so he gave up ;).
A week later I bought an engine from the scrapyard for £5.

Hey Mike! I did three oil and filter changes in total and had metal in the filter I did try using a thicker oil as some have said it helped and it did help a little but didn't fix the issue.

The injectors leaking is very handy to know, thanks!
The clue in that case is your engine oil level never seems to need topping up, even rising ;).
Around 1975 a garage I worked at was a Moskvich Dealer and boss bought a nearly new model from a customer for peanuts with an engine knock knowing what the problem was.
It was common for the mechanical petrol pump to leak petrol into the sump, so after a seal kit for the pump and an oil change it was back on the forecourt with a quiet engine!

Thanks for the fed back, very much appreciated. At least I have a clearer picture.....finding a decent mechanic here who will give a fair assessment is the million dollar question!!!!

Hopefully, you've got it sorted now, but I had a recon engine put in my van, and it's been running like a dream now my old engine was the knackered bottom end was very worn.

Back