Technical Fiat Doblo 2011 1.6 multijet 105 P0340 issue

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Doblo 2011 1.6 multijet 105 P0340 issue

GrizzlyFR

Greetings dear members

I have purchased a Doblo 2011 1.6 105 with ongoing issue of long start takes around 10s cold or hot to start . The issue is p0340
So I did all together change the timing and water pump and all the sensors . The issue with cam sensor was the contact of it ,so i got a new plug and sensor and now it doesn't start at all . On 5s it's sort of jumping for 2s and then again nothing . On diag we have phase sensor issue p0340 . As I'm new to fiat have no experience in this make .

Any advice or help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Greetings dear members

I have purchased a Doblo 2011 1.6 105 with ongoing issue of long start takes around 10s cold or hot to start . The issue is p0340
So I did all together change the timing and water pump and all the sensors . The issue with cam sensor was the contact of it ,so i got a new plug and sensor and now it doesn't start at all . On 5s it's sort of jumping for 2s and then again nothing . On diag we have phase sensor issue p0340 . As I'm new to fiat have no experience in this make .

Any advice or help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance
I have a 2010 Doblo 1.6 105 (van version)
What is the sequence of events, did it run after the cambelt change or after the sensor change or were both done at the same time.
Not being rude, but did you use the crankshaft timing tool,flywheel locking tool,holding tool,holding tool pins and finally the inlet camshaft locking tool. Engine is described as an "interference" engine meaning if timing wrong pistons meet valves!!! Just to be safe I always turned engines over several times by hand after a cambelt job, so that even if timing wrong I know there should be no physical damage. Having said that with modern variable valve timing even that is not guaranteed :(.
I have a 2012 Timing Book but it doesn't list the Doblo, just the Punto, Bravo and Idea 2007-2012 with six engine codes if you wanted that detail please let me know the code to check for suitability.
Mine starts straight away but does go into "limp mode" when going faster, so not perfect either;).

I have a 2010 Doblo 1.6 105 (van version)
What is the sequence of events, did it run after the cambelt change or after the sensor change or were both done at the same time.
Not being rude, but did you use the crankshaft timing tool,flywheel locking tool,holding tool,holding tool pins and finally the inlet camshaft locking tool. Engine is described as an "interference" engine meaning if timing wrong pistons meet valves!!! Just to be safe I always turned engines over several times by hand after a cambelt job, so that even if timing wrong I know there should be no physical damage. Having said that with modern variable valve timing even that is not guaranteed :(.
I have a 2012 Timing Book but it doesn't list the Doblo, just the Punto, Bravo and Idea 2007-2012 with six engine codes if you wanted that detail please let me know the code to check for suitability.
Mine starts straight away but does go into "limp mode" when going faster, so not perfect either;).
Yes after timing change it had same issue of of long start but I was driving it all good. So the timing is not the issue . It was the connecteur of cam sensor ,i fixed it today but all got is short start of 4s and then dead . So i believe it's the issue maybe is in sensor or otherwise I don't know

Yes after timing change it had same issue of of long start but I was driving it all good. So the timing is not the issue . It was the connecteur of cam sensor ,i fixed it today but all got is short start of 4s and then dead . So i believe it's the issue maybe is in sensor or otherwise I don't know
Good about timing.
Re the other, are you saying it starts, runs for a few seconds and then dies?
Does it restart and die again straight away?
If so any chance it could be a fueling issue?

Back