Technical Fiat Cinquecento power on fuel pump.

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Cinquecento power on fuel pump.

Mastrofou

Hello everyone, and happy new year
I have a fiat Cinquecento young 0.9 .
Before about a week I decided to replace the injector ,since I've done this 2 more times, because I had cut-offs on low revs.

THE THING IS, when I tried to start the engine it got fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥. I took the keys away immediately and tried to put off the fire. My fire extinguisher didn't work so I just used water 💦💦. The visible damage was the ECU wiring and the injector.

I bought from a scrapyard an injector and the whole wiring of the car. The problems start here. I put on the wiring which starts from the (+) pole from the battery and it ends on the ECU , MAP sensor and the relays behind the ECU. The cable connectors though were a bit different. The ecu connector had a couple more pins and the lambda sensor from the exhaust pipe has different connectors from the old wiring.

As I know (not sure though) lamda sensors are not needed to turn on the engine so for now I just left them there hanging. When I tried to start the car i got no KeyCode light and injection light on the dashboard at all. I also noticed that the fuel pump is dead!! I check every wire with a tester circuit detector and I noticed that only the fuel pump (under the backseats) doesn't get any power.

I also opened the ECU to make a visual inspection on the board but it was clear and had nothing burned so I sealed it and put it back.

It's my last year on my academy and I can't afford to get it on an electrician or a mechanic since here in Greece they charge sooo many for nothing.

Thank you for reading all this I hope someone can help me out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220105_152120.jpg
    IMG_20220105_152120.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 435
  • IMG_20220104_135429.jpg
    IMG_20220104_135429.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220103_223111.jpg
    IMG_20220103_223111.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58
That's bad, sorry for you.
But how come it got fire? There was gas spillage injector-work related, but I think there was also a short-circuit on the engine area.
Regarding no power on the fuel line, check the emergency shut down of fuel line switch. It's very possible thai it went on during the fire. It goes on on impact or on high temperature detection.

That's bad, sorry for you.
But how come it got fire? There was gas spillage injector-work related, but I think there was also a short-circuit on the engine area.
Regarding no power on the fuel line, check the emergency shut down of fuel line switch. It's very possible thai it went on during the fire. It goes on on impact or on high temperature detection.
I can imagine the same thing about the fire.
Do you know were this cut off switch is located?

UPDATE:
No spark, no fuel pump no lights on dashboard except the handbrake, battery and oil ones. I might get a hammer and destroy it. So many problems in 5 years I drive it.
I haven't done this yet cause it was my mothers. I hate myself for marrying a car.
Save yourselves, don't love your cars.

Back