Currently reading:
fiat cars in scrap yards.

I know of a Punto down in the Edmonton area in the scrapyard...

My local scrapper has a pre 2000 black Seicento Sporting in.

It's mostly complete except gear linkages, gearstick gaitor and rear parcel shelf.

The screen's gone so the red interior's a bit green.

And now it no longer has parcel shelf supports in it. :)

Wrong bumper for mine though, I'll just have to repair it myself.

They're between Wigan and Bolton: Gadbury Breakers 01942 874144, ask for Leon or Jack.

Top blokes and daft as brushes too.

I know there are a few Puntos in and a couple of Ulysees but haven't counted whatever else specifically but certainly if this can give up some Sei parts then I'm sure it'll help someone out...

Sitrep.......Silver fiat coupe 20v turbo minus the brembos and wheels at Hoppers salvage in Witton, Birmingham. hard to see why its there as i couldnt see any bonnet or bumper damage. wings are good too and headlights and boot lid etc. all looks good but maybe the engine was dead? the engine looks 99% complete with turbo and this was about a week ago.

also green 5dr Mk1 punto SX and a couple of Mk2 puntos - probably 1.2s.
Hoppers are generally quite good for regular turnover of older gen fiats.

you take your tool box and walk in and remove what you want then pay at the counter - old skool!

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1388313614.972184.jpg sadly this lovely 1995 selecta is now in the hands of scrap :-(

as stated in previous posts; ;)

Haynes of Challow, VERY reasonable prices :)

large messy earth yard directly behind an old FIAT / Lancia Dealer = Mellors of Challow , Wantage, Oxon,
OX12 postcode

currently has,
Punto 2's including sporting,
punto MK1's,
Seicento sporting,
Marea = just in ( rear ended)

probable others..these are what I looked in for MY needs.;)

alfa 147' + 156's too including 1 I sold a couple of years ago :cry:

Hi does any one know where the ecu fuse is located on a fiat punto mk2 please

Hallgreen spares have a few sx seis in I know one has no front or tailgate as that's the one I had my bits off but they also have a 5door mk1 punto in with gt wheels they might have other fiats. In there also on eBay but I'd recommend you go in for the best price

40 Slade Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands B28 0SE
0121 474*

What's this scrapping motors cause a couple of parts fail? Do you demolish your entire house as well if the bathroom gets a leak in it?

Sadly there must be a lot of vehicles sitting in scrap yards that are not catalogued or searchable in anyway, therefore a lot of potential customers and users will not know they are available (likely also at very low prices). There's a lot of online services that claim to search loads of scrappies for parts, but they don't seem to work very well. Again, if it's not typed into the database, and-or isn't described right, it's not going to show up in a search.

One thing that would be helpful is to have cross-referenced info on which different models use the same parts, or interchangeable parts, or parts that require little modification (say a couple of holes drilled, that kind of thing). For example it seems that current 500 models manual gearboxes (one of them) are the same part number as for Uno's and Punto's.

Another one is for ratings information on parts. Take something like a brake booster / brake servo - these often cost a fortune for some reason. However if you know how much psi etc it needs to deliver, you can buy a kit car or other stock part, which does the same job. (obviously needs to fit to the cylinder to activate it, and needs to have fixings & brackets done correctly). Same can be said for a lot of other vehicle parts.
Not exactly vehicle modification, just having relevant information on OEM and stock parts so as to be able to utilise the generic parts available for kit cars and so forth.

Back