Fiat Bravo sunroof jamming

Currently reading:
Fiat Bravo sunroof jamming

R

Richard

I have a 96 N Fiat Bravo. Day before yesterday the sunroof seemed to stick. It rolls back fine, but when closing up it rolls forward but when the mechanism is about to tilt the roof into the sealed position it stops. leaving a gap of about a 1cm at the rear of the roof between the roof and the top of the sunroof. Obviously it is at such a lovely angle the rain is going to love it.

I tried to close it with the special key but it snapped (way too flimsy). I have tried to see if there is a foreign objecxt wedged somewhere in the mechanism but it is all very compact and I don't know the most likely places to look. It seems more jammed above the drivers head than the passenger side.

I have read that removal of the sunroof is a big job and hoped there might be an easier way to see if something obvious could be put right to close the roof?

hmn sounds to me like you need to take the sunroof out mate sorry :(

and it isnt really a big job it is just a really long one, lol it takes a good day.

get yourself a haynes manual and it will sort you out :)

if you take it to a fiat dealership they will charge you a fortune.

Cheers for that - I had a nasty feeling that someone was going to recommend this! I have now printed off the sunroof removal instructions from this site.

I guess I was just hoping that someone might have told me that there was something blindingly obvious that I have missed that might have cured the problem!! :)

ill tell u wat to do... dont open ur roof and hey presto it wont jam... lol... sorry seriously tho.... oil the lifters and try then remove sunroof if still not working

Smee