Technical Fiat Bravo HGT - sportpack

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Bravo HGT - sportpack

HGTboy18

Hey guys! Greetings from Prague! I just bought a 1997 Fiat Bravo HGT as a restoration project. It's a 75k miles nero black standard with climate control. Luckily it's rust-free and also the engine seems in good condition. The guy I bought the car from said there are a sportpack springs installed. [They are white] Both front shock are original and shot so when I'm in it I'd like to install a whole sportpack set as was from the factory. I bought shocks, the upper assembly for sportpack and the question is I saw there are even sportpack tie rods. Is it ment to just screw the shorter sportpack tie rods on the rack or was even the rack different? Or can I just change the shocks and leave the standard tie rod in?

Thx a lot I will post some picture when the car is finished..

I don't know about the Sportpack but I understand that the HGT had some wider / longer front suspension / steering components, but if you mean the anti-roll bar droplinks when you say "tierods" maybe they are shorter. Or perhaps you mean "track rods" (inner and outer), I would expect them to be longer on the HGT.

I don't know about the Sportpack but I understand that the HGT had some wider / longer front suspension / steering components, but if you mean the anti-roll bar droplinks when you say "tierods" maybe they are shorter. Or perhaps you mean "track rods" (inner and outer), I would expect them to be longer on the HGT
Hey, yeah I mean the outer tie/track/steering rod.. I did some research and it looks that the sportpack included different shocks, upper strut mounts and shorter outer track rods. Will try to put it together and do the alignment.

Sportpack on the car.. Works great! Shorter track rods installed too.

On the left side is the sportpack strut and the right side the standard one..

Attachments

• IMG_20221229_153251054.jpg
    IMG_20221229_153251054.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Back