Technical Fiat bravo 1.9 jtd cruise control

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat bravo 1.9 jtd cruise control

denmlaa

Hi guys
Has anyone yet tryed to make cruise control work on fiat bravo 1.9 jtd edc15 2001 ?
I tryed on mine but i have some issues ...
Since my bravo has no preparation for this job i had to do it all the way from the ecu.Got out wires from ecu on pins 53,55,56,57,i also made 1 switch and 3 tasters,when i try all that with fes it works fine,I see that the command reads and everything is fine but my cruise control won't work ...
I looked for wiring diagram for fiat stilo with cc ,and i saw stilo has brake switch with 4 pins and my bravo has only 2 pins.On fes readings my brake contact for cc is always open and it should be closed.That's why i had p0703 brake switch error , so i bought relay with 5 pins and got it wired to my ecu pin 54 so now when i press my brake,brake contact 2 goes to open and when i relase it ,brake contact 2 goes to closed like it should.Clutch pedal switch works also fine,it shows pressed and relased.But my cc isn't working ...
I tryed to drive 40-60 km/h in 3rd,4th and 5th gear and it wont enable,my switch is on and i hold + button for 3 second (i even holded it more than 3 secs) and it won't enable it
Do any of you have some advise or any idea how ti fix it ?
Here is video of testing it in fes ...

as you can see all commands are working just fine,only thing that is wrong here is brake contact 2 which is closed all the time ,today i bough a brake switch for fiat stilo with 4 pins,connected it so i can get rid of relay,but even with it my cruise control won't work .
Sometimes after a short ride i get again p0703 error for brake switch and it says stored , it comes again after a short ride even if i delete it .
I checked brake switch and it works fine ,but i don't know why am i getting this error ...
Any solutions ?

seems like you have made some good progress, and there are a few people, myself included, who would be very happy if we can get a solution to this question. Our effortsd have been limited in enabling CC for the JTD, and most of the reports of it working seems to come from eastern europe. Dont forget that the Marea and Multipla also have the early JTD engine and might be useful in your search for answers.
https://www.fiatforum.com/marea/420434-cruise-control-compatible-2002-jtd-110-a.html
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/262546-another-cruise-control-thread-4.html
good luck, and please continue sharing any progress you might make.

http://www.fiatmareaclub.com/viewto...e4c0a3&usg=ALkJrhi4OoQvJtvjSTkvwhHmeCpqz50NIQ

google can translate the forum to an decipherable level, but there are many parts it connot handle, you have to guess the gaps.
i have no idea how similar Serbian is to Czech, but maybe it will be easier for you than me?

Page 8

Problem installing cruise at 110 is that there are three things that previously each solved individually.
Certain is only that it works and how it should be involved.
The first problem is to add a pin connector of the control unit. Pin numbers and functions described here (53,54,55,56,57). How to install them as well. But the specific type of tube longer solve alone.
The second problem is the inverse of contact on the brake. Also, there are a couple of suggestions.
The third problem is the control lever with buttons and its location. Again individual the problem.
A complete description of the installation, including material here yet appeared, because most are trying to deploy cruise control for zero money. It was probably used every available means to himself. But opinions have here is enough. It is necessary to write, what is one specific problem.

Last edited:
I was wondering, can abs error affect cruise control system ?
I don't have any other ideas,the only error i have is for abs ,and my abs error light is always enabled ?

I found that forum ,i also made a post there and i'm waiting for someone to answer me since i didn't find a solution for my problem in those posts ,i hope someone will answer ..

[ame]https://youtu.be/5xAGYwDWAVc[/ame]
Here is another video,testing all after changing brake switch and trying to enable it...

I gave up on this project ,many of people told me that i need to change my original software for lybra software so my cruise control can work.I asked some people that do chip tuning and softwares ,and they told me that software change can't be done ,and my bravo won't work with lybra software...

Yes there is people who have succeed with this project ,i just can't find the right guys who can do changes to my software so cc can work and i dont have knowledge to do it on my own,or necessary equippment.
May i add you on facebook if you're using it ,so i can consult with you when you decide to start your cc project ?

I only really use facebook for occasionally keeping in touch with close friends and family, i will be posting a thread about my adventures with cruise control in the Marea section when i get round to it. Feel free to use FiatForum message system if you want to get in touch.

Back