as title says its my first ever how to it may not be the best it may not be the worst but hey i tried :D if anyone wants to contribute by all means

Painting brake calipers

Step 1 - jacking the car and remove the wheel

Notice how close the jack was to the skirts and almost poop myself
jacking the car

DSC02142.jpg

Removing the wheel :)

2.jpg

Step 2 - Preparation

ok all seriousness here i cannot stress enough when painting its all in the preparation the better prep work the better the finish ALWAYS any garage which paints will aggree with this

Notice how calipers look before hand

DSC02144.jpg

moving onto a dremmel with a sanding attachment

DSC02146.jpg

this next picture is with the dremmel after 5-10 minutes of work

DSC02148.jpg

notice how shiny the caliper is after about 25-30 mins of work the dremmel makes short work of it which would usualy take about 2 hours of hand work make sure to clean every so often with a cloth to remove the loose dust use some water and then dry the caliper

DSC02150.jpg

step 3 - The painting of caliper

this is the easy part just take your time in nice even strokes with light strokes for the first coating of the caliper.

make sure your paint is mixed properly and is looking good strap on some rubber gloves if you dont want to get paint all over yourself

DSC02152.jpg

here is the finished first coating of the caliper i'll do another 1 maybe 2 coats to give a harder better appearance on the caliper and notice i didnt mask the brake pads as i'm changing them next month any way but make sure not to get paint on moving areas E.G. caliper piston the sliding rods at back of the caliper, brake disc and brake pads and just some genreal common sense on where not to go if you dont hink it should then dont do it hope this has helped a little for you

DSC02154.jpg
9.jpg

good ol finished results :)

DSC02156.jpg
  • Thanks
Reactions: Thor1980