General Fiat Brava 1.6l Auto 1999 First Car

Currently reading:
General Fiat Brava 1.6l Auto 1999 First Car

slylydaman

Hi to any one tha\t reads this and thanks in advance to anyone that supplies me with help or any links that will help me do what i want to do

First of all i own a

FIAT BRAVA 1.6L 100 sx AUTO 1999 [FIRST CAR]

THINGS I WANT TO DO

AIR FILTER

do i need to buy the same one that just slips in or is this merely an option as i have sen two other air filters more like what i presumed all filters to be like

NEW EXHAUST/WELDING REPAIR

When i brought the car it looked to me that the exhaust was a bit rusty, and now it makes a lil noise i think a piece of metal welded to sumthin has come loose and rattles giving my BRAVA exhaust a stupid rattling noise

REMOTE LOCKING FOR ELECTRIC WINDOWS AND SUNROOF

Is it possible for me to play with the fuse box and and add sum wires so that when i lock my door everything will close automatically

ALARM

My brava was not fitted with an alarm - how easy is this for me to fit on in my self - is it possible?

INTERIOR

I would love to install leather trim on my seats and in the car panels and on the dash board and around my steering wheel - please again does anyone have a good/nice through how to guide on how to go about this completely - from working out how much material i need to stitching to the whole lot

SUSPENSION/BRAKES

Im not to sure about this - is there anyone that would advise me on better suspension..so as when peeps get in my car the car does not go down it stays the same height and the suspension takes the weight - sumthing like gas or sumthing - id dunno

Also the brakes as im using a automatic - i will be on the brakes alot, i tend to use them as gently as i can and even at times put it into park at red lights so not to wear out the brake pads

THATS ALL I CAN THINK OF - APART FROM DOES ANYONE ALSO HAVE A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO CHANGE THE OIL - JUST GENERAL THINGS THAT WOULD BE ADVISE FOR ME TO MAINTAIN FOR LONGEVITY OF MY FIAT BRAVA -

ALL COMMON SENSE ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!

AN DI WILL BE ADDING PICTURES FOR MY EXHAUST AND THE WHOLE LOOK OF MY CAR LATER TODAY

tHANKS FOR READING THIS - AND HAVE A GREAT DAY WHATEVER YOUR DOING

Slylydaman:devil:

Last edited:
AIR FILTER

you can fit any kind of air filter you like. i use a twin cone same as this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tune-R-High-E...5243&_trkparms=39:1|65:2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

its basically a K&N for £10.

NEW EXHAUST/WELDING REPAIR

have a look, it may be a loose heat shiled, which you can rip off, or a loose bolt on a bracket, which you can tighten.

REMOTE LOCKING FOR ELECTRIC WINDOWS AND SUNROOF

you would need to buy and fit a kit that does this for you. fitting isnt difficult if you know how to read a wiring diagram.
this would do it, and its very cheap
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Total-window-...1861&_trkparms=39:1|65:7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

ALARM

often a window and sunroof kit will be part of an alarm, you should buy an alarm with a "full closure" feature, like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-ALARM-CEN...6940&_trkparms=39:1|65:7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

INTERIOR

if you need to ask you probably shouldnt do it. retrimming is a highly skilled task. get quotes for a professional job with a retimmer.

SUSPENSION/BRAKES

KYB excel-G shocks and 30mm or 40mm or 45mm lowering springs.

dont be afraid to use your brakes, thats their job.

buy a haynes manual for guides on how to service and maintian your car, its all there with clear instructions and pics.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back