Technical fiat brava 1.2sx80 front wiper will not park

Currently reading:
Technical fiat brava 1.2sx80 front wiper will not park

randyandy1986

hi all first time here goes, i have a fiat brava 1.2sx 80 on a 51,
my front wiper will not go back into "park" position after i'm done using them they work fine all other ways but just will not go to the bottom of windscreen when i tell them i done by using the control stalk at suggestions, ppl havge said said the relay? may be at fault it just an annoying issue having to put the wiper back manuallly thanx andy

so i'm looking at a new wiper motor i cannot just get a change of relay?,thanx for the speedy reply

thanx i've had a look at the car wiper motor and it looks like you can change the relay, so i'm off to the scrap yard on sunday to get a newish relay

Ive the same problem wipers will not park also they dont work on slow and intermittent speeds.Got a replacement relay today from the scrappys but the problems persists. Is the 2nd relay a duff aswell or is there something else I can try. thanks

i'm yet to get me butt to the scrap yard, work too many hours, i'd probs say relay is duff, i rang fiat other day, in newcastle upon tyne they quoted me £130 for a new wiper motor complete with relays the like.:yuck:

just had a thought there,ouch that hurt, the wipers have two relays one controls the flow to them on and off and the other one which is built-in to them is the control relay which controls parking, chance is it's your other relay thats at fault, or the motor,

All sorted now,went to another scrapyard, got windscreen motor for £20 and it works perfectly, only problem is I somehow managed to crack windscreen-wot an idiot :cry: so now off to windscreen place to spend another £80. Good job its payday next week.

yeh still got replacement and original,PM me your address I will send both, may work 4 you. You can have them for Post and Packaging.Cant see that being much.

I take it that it worked then. Did they both work? If they did then my problem must have been the motor part then. I have PMed you.

Last edited:
yeah they both worked thanx now i just gotta fix my rear wiper new motor thanx anyway

Back