Technical Fiat Brava 1.2 16V SX

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Brava 1.2 16V SX

maximoke

Hi there, I am new to the forum but am impressed with all the information that is located here.

I have just bought a 1999 V reg 1.2L 16V SX Brava and have got to perform a head gasket job. I have figured out most sequences for removal but was wondering if there was a way to remove the cam box from the cylinder head whilst it is still bolted to the block. I have the tool for the head bolts on order but have itchy feet and want to be progressing the job as far as I can while I wait.

I look forward to your replies. :)

a far as i know there is no way to remove the cam box from the head while still bolted to the block

and while ur ordeing the tools for the bolts u should also get onto shop4parts.co.uk and order the cam locking up tools coz trying to retime them engines with out the tools can be quite tricky

Last edited:
Hi Alan2009

Thanks for your reply. I thought as much as none of the caps or bolts I have removed have uncovered anything! Also I seemed to have put my request into the wrong section, oh well learn as I go, not sure how it happened - guess I was browsing the articles and then just went ahead and asked my question without going into the Forums section. I have checked out your website suggestion and can see the parts I need, so will order those when they re-open. Currently their are white marks around numerous points of the belt path that all line up, What are the pitfalls of nt using the correct tools? apart from collision? Thanks Antony.

well as u said a collision of the valvs and pistons thats not good plus it could run like crap or not run at all

if u have the cam belt still on the car then u might get away with not having to but the cam locking up tools, by marking the cam pully to cam box with tipx

hope this helps

Back