Technical Fiat barchetta window regulator pads

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat barchetta window regulator pads

stu4art

Hi Forum,
I've discovered that one of the forum members has made a great video, clearly explaining how to replace the side window regulator pad things. The pads that make the window sit correctly on the seals.
Not only has he made the video but also supplies an improved new pad set.
Link on his youtube page.
Take a look and give him a 'thumbs up' (y)
[ame]https://youtu.be/HNSX9HX10ng[/ame]

Blimey! That looks complicated. I think I'd rather change my timing belt! No honestly, it is a very good video. Good of him to take the time to make it. He even went to the effort of taking the door off for better viewing. Does anyone know why my passenger window is twice as slow as the drivers? Is it just a case of re-lubing the sliders and channels?
Happy new year!

It's a good few years ago when I did mine, at the time I had a batch of replacement nylon guides made, all this before 3D printing.
As I remember I used just about any lubricant I had to hand, removed the old grease, cleaned with WD40, oiled with 3 in one then greased with muti-purpose grease. If I was doing it now I would use silicon grease.
The only way to really do this is to remove the unit as per the video, I may actually buy the new ones as the rubber stops on mine are rubbish/missing.
Hope this works for you.

I'm also going to order a set, will contact you in a couple of weeks. when I get back. Visiting a breakers in the new year to have a look what's available. Not expecting to much as I visited last year and took most of the hard to find items

Great video to pop into the saved list. Wish I could have seen the inner door handle being removed though, I'll bet he has some slick ideas with his experience in removing them.

Thanks a lot for the video. A picture (video) is worth a thousand words as they say. It definitely gives me more insight towards removing the plastic shroud. Wasn't to impressed with his work with the blade screwdriver though. I probably would have punctured the vinyl ,snapped the shroud, and ended up with four inches of cold steel up my right nostril.:yuck:

Back