General Fiat Barchetta UK owners club

Currently reading:
General Fiat Barchetta UK owners club

nhojsllih

I used to belong to the owners club when I last had a B. It was great getting together with other owners at meetings etc, so I was thinking of re-joining. When I looked at the website, it seems to have been virtually dormant for the past 3 years - no newsletters, no meetings, few local area reps etc.

Is this club still operating and if so, is it worth joining? Anyone on here a member?

LittleRedB

Rosso Corsa of corsa!!!
Hi nhojsllih,

I looked into joining before I found this forum - I was a little concerned that it did not seem to be 'live' so sent the administrator an eMail asking how many members he club had, how often they met etc etc - I am still waiting for a reply!!

I have looked into a number of other clubs such as the sporting FIAT club etc, tbh this is by far and away the best I have found.

We arranged a meet about a month ago, it's a shame you were not on the forum then 'cos we met in Virginia Waters which is about an hours drive from Fareham!

I am in Binfield (near Bracknell), so if you fancy meeting up drop me a line. I am planning on going to AutoItalia this weekend in Gaydon, Warwickshire - hopefully there should be a few of us getting together there........

I will try to arrange another get together in October so keep your eye on the forum!!

OP
OP
nhojsllih

nhojsllih

Thanks to all for your replies. I am pleased that I didn't send the cheque off to the UK club - It really does seem to have died - RIP :(

Anyway, this community seems to be excellent :) and I am very interested in joining fellow B owners at meets. I could also arrange a south coast/south downs meeting in the future?

John

superspotter

It's got to be yellow!!
I live in beautiful Hyde famous for all sorts of nice things like, ooh, Dr Shipman and err, oh yes, the moors murderers and what else, oh, Walls bangers:D

ben

The Boss
Staff member
Stop it! I haven't had any good sausages for over 2 years now ... these Asians just like the American style hot dog.

Actually, I tell a lie - the Chinese sausages you get in Taiwan are very nice, though not a patch on the good old British banger :yum:

superspotter

It's got to be yellow!!
OK I will stop now Ben, seeing as I am off to a local butty bar that does the best breakfast in the world:slayer: Top quality bacon (two rashers), two sausage, beans, tomatoes, black pudding, spam:) and a dippy egg covered in HP sauce all for £3.60(y) :worship:

DJ Overdose

And I bet its washed down with a lubberly cuppa tea! See you like your hardcore ben! ;-) (sings: Shining down on meeeeee!)

DJ OD

ben

The Boss
Staff member
And I bet its washed down with a lubberly cuppa tea! See you like your hardcore ben! ;-) (sings: Shining down on meeeeee!)

DJ OD
Cool - a fellow music lover.

I miss my dj equipment, it's currently in boxes in Tokyo. Can't wait until I get to Taiwan where I can unpack it all again :D

Tea I can do without though, Asia is obsessed with it, although of course it's always cold with ice ... not quite the same really ...

dave

breakfast1.jpg
1356122.jpg