Technical Fiat Barchetta Lower ball joint/boot

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Barchetta Lower ball joint/boot

Hello all,

Question from me: I have a split lower ball joint cover. Can I buy a lower ball joint or do I have to buy for the whole Swing/Track Control arm?

Picture attached.

Many thanks,

Sasha

Attachments

• Fiat Barchettta Lower Ball Joint boot.JPG
    Fiat Barchettta Lower Ball Joint boot.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 68
The Mrs vw Lupo had a separate ball joint bolted to the arm with 3 bolts. Don't know about Barchetta. Can you see any bolts or is it riveted /pressed in?

Personally I would say you are probably better off getting a pair of new track control arms. That way you will be renewing all the rubbers, bushes etc. Fit and hopefully forget for another 10+ years. Also likely to improve the handling and stability of the front end of the car. I would not replace just one side as this could lead to an imbalance of compliance and line straight line stability.

An alternative option is to rubber glue the split but this assumes that the general health of the rest of the rubber is OK, not hard, cracked or perished.

Personally I would say you are probably better off getting a pair of new track control arms
Out of interest I looked on AutoDoc. For the left hand side they list 28 options for that arm ranging from £16.97 to £148.55 (not all in stock). How do you decide which one to get? Or is it better to go to, say, shop4parts who just list one at £32.19 and assume that they're at least applying some quality filter.

Back