FIAT (Arnold clark) - Stourbridge W Mids

Currently reading:
FIAT (Arnold clark) - Stourbridge W Mids

took my fiat seicento sporting here for a 'service' and MOT its on a n X reg 2000 so first MOT...

firstly ive done 18,600 miles should be the cars second service. but aparently i missed a service?? although i wasnt notified. so the gave the car a 27,000 mile service... cos they felt like it...

Started off well... no Courtesy car. i phoned the Oldbury Arnold clark to begin with they said it would cost me £250. i phoned stourbridge they said £147...

so i booked my car in arrived at 9.30 and i purposely marked the main components like air and oil filters, plugs... i also didnt tell them where my locking key was for my alloy wheels to see whether they would phone to ask me where it was..

cos of course brakes are important to check for the MOT id have thought??... anyway no phone call!! i didnt really mind cos i new my brakes r ok... but still a bit sloppy for a dealer!...

i check my ar over in the carpark.... i find lots of oil over my engine bay and rocker cover. heres what they changed

OIL
Oil filter
Brake fluid

heres what they didnt change...

spark plugs
Air filter

aparently there were not covered in this service? i asked what was! he strugled to let me.... i also asked what oil they put in my car.. aparently this is a dificult question too... one person said selena oil and another guy said texaco avoline?... in the end they decided on texaco! lol...

all together really unprofessional for a main dealer. specially when it takes them all day to change some oil... and the difefence in price from dealer to dealer was shocking. all this for the great price of £147 and booking a day off work to boot.

POOR garage! buy the bits and do it youself... probaly do a better job.

an unhappy

Rob

Sei sporting

Bizarre.
Plugs , fuel and air filter should be changed every 18,000 miles - they should know this and should have checked your mileage to verify. If they haven't been done, you should have them (or a better garage) do it. I'd suggest they should do it for free as they've messed up and it's their mistake.

Valve clearances should also be checked at 18,000 - unless yours is the later MPI sei with big black round air filter box and hydraulic tappets.

All in all, a bit of a poor show.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

I got a reply from Fiat UK.

Apparently is my fault for skipping a service. They only change plugs and air filters at 18k and 36k. They didn’t say at the time or I would have told them to change them... Most interestingly the Magician/mechanics can check the condition of brakes 'without the removal of the wheels'!!!

Nice... well done (Sarcasm)

Sei sporting
motore di punto

After reading the 100's and 100's of complaints on the internet about Arnold Clark I think we should all join together and make a stand against them. We will have more power together! I am personally still having problems but I will not let them get away with this.

If anyone is thinking of buying a car from this company go to Google and type in "arnold clark complaints" before you make a big mistake.

After reading the 100's and 100's of complaints on the internet about Arnold Clark I think we should all join together and make a stand against them. We will have more power together! I am personally still having problems but I will not let them get away with this.

If anyone is thinking of buying a car from this company go to Google and type in "arnold clark complaints" before you make a big mistake.

Boring.

try british gas complaints. or American government complaints. Or complaints about any large business or company.

You want to know why there are so many complaints against Arnold Clark?
It's because they are the biggest independant dealer in Europe.

Do you know why they are he biggest independant dealer in Europe?
Because they sell the most cars.

Do you know why they sell the most cars?
Because plenty of people buy from them then a few years later buy from them again.

Count how many cars Arnold Clark sells in a year. Then count the number of legitimate complaints in a year.
Then take that ratio and compare it to any other large company and then tell me if they are any worse or any better.

I already know the answer. But if you have taken the time to sign up to a forum just to complain about Arnold Clark then I'm sure it's just the type of research that is right up your street.

I have also had problems with Arnold Clark in stourbridge, and I would prefer not to use them. Is there anywhere else I can get a Airbag caption, and an engine environment captioned cleared on a Fiat Punto 1.3 diesel, in the stourbridge area. The garage will need a computer that can read Fiats
Thanks

Back