Technical Fiat 600-600d owners

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 600-600d owners

Fiat 600 rear wheel bearing installation - HELP

Any body installed new rear wheel bearings on a 600 or 600D? Like to discuss this with you. give me a shout. [email protected]
thanks
Scott

Hello All,

I have a 67 600D which I've had for many years and the time has come for a resto and an update. I know this may be contentious but doing an Electric conversion (London UK really clamping down on emissions). Amongst other things I'm looking to rework the car a bit with some upgrades (discs all round etc..) I came across the image attached and my query to the group is in relation to the wheels on this 600. They look like BMW Aplina wheels (not sure of diameter) What changes do you think has been made to fit these and get the stance.

Thoughts anyone?

Dave

Attachments

• Nice clean build Fiat600_2.jpg
    Nice clean build Fiat600_2.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 77
Hello All,

I have a 67 600D which I've had for many years and the time has come for a resto and an update. I know this may be contentious but doing an Electric conversion (London UK really clamping down on emissions). Amongst other things I'm looking to rework the car a bit with some upgrades (discs all round etc..) I came across the image attached and my query to the group is in relation to the wheels on this 600. They look like BMW Aplina wheels (not sure of diameter) What changes do you think has been made to fit these and get the stance.

Thoughts anyone?

Dave

Without wanting to be too brutal - what's the point? It won't be a Fiat 600.

Great to see someone respond as there isn't a lot of activity here and thought it was a dead thread (should be a 600 dedicated forum!)

Fair enough comment and agreed not for the purist. My stock classic 600 and its quickly becoming unusable on UK roads for daily driving and not due to the car but the quality of the roads, government legislation, ethanol increases in Fuel destroying fuel hoses etc.. it is also under powered and drum brakes are a pain. So if I'm going to address these issues I'm modifying anyway so throwing all options on the table. I like the 600 design and perfect for Electric conversion and its a cheap classic to work on.

My approach is not to own a car to keep it safe for the next person but you may have gathered that.

I'd appreciate thoughts on the Suspension setup from any Abarth enthusiasts out there but I suspect its going to be a custom setup.

Yes I agree there should be a separate forum to make discovery easier! I had to post on the 500 forum to be reminded of this section!

Possibly an impossible question but does anyone know if the Fiat 500L front seats and rear seats are the same frames, backs, runner mounting points/catches are the same as the Fiat 600?

no doubt the design of the vinyl is different, my question is more about the hardware.

Another way of putting this is: do 500 seats bolt straight into the 600 mountings?

Thanks in advance

RDS

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a 1963 600D, suicide door car.

I drove it home, but with all of the people poking at it, it looks like the throttle cable was either broken or came off.

Question: can anyone describe how this normally connects?

The part it is to connect to is pretty clear, but it's a hole that goes all the way through with no fastener that I see, so it wouldn't stay on. Looking online at parts, the end of the cable is bare. I also found some diagrams, but nothing shows the detail I need.

I'm sure I could find a way to make it work, but I'd rather do it the way it was intended.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Hello, I have 1971 Fiat 500L with 46500 km just shipped from Italy. It's outside of San Antonio, Texas. Would any one be interested in trading a classic Fiat 600 for it? Mine is running strong. I've owned two 500s and would love to own a 600. I'd still be interested if yours isn't running. Email would be the best way to contact me. Cheers! [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_163723.jpg
    IMG_20220213_163723.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20220213_163824.jpg
    IMG_20220213_163824.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 39
600 owners are here :D This is my 59 cabrio
8684888498_07a52be5f6.jpg

Wanna see a bit more :rolleyes: I just posted to a thread in Readers Rides in the RetroRides.com site. I'm not allowed to put a link on this post because I haven't made 5 posts yet. So you can find it by looking up "1967 Fiat 850 Coupe" .
In the meantime I guess I'll have to get posting .

I'm also new to the site and would like to see more activity for 600 based cars.:)
Is that a sunroof, if so do you know who does them

Back