General Fiat 500X - Sat nav will not talk

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500X - Sat nav will not talk

LOUDpipes

Hi All...

I have had my 500X for a few months now (purchased 2nd hand).

Having used the Sat nav for the first time...I can't get it to talk. It's not just quiet...not a peep!

Voice 'on' is activated.

I have seen other forum threads stating that you can alter the sat nav volume by twisting the left knob on the main unit when it is 'speaking'. I have tried this numerous times when I 'think' the unit's speaking (when a direction is displayed on the central dash clock?)...nothing.

All I get is the radio volume blaring!

Here comes my second problem...How to turn the radio off and have the sat nav running. There seems to be no radio off button?? I haven't seen this mentioned on any other forum threads, so I assume I'm missing something here. I can't be the only person who wants to have the sat nav running and no radio playing?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks...:)

The volume controls work on the same button but different levels. Turn the radio right down and as you say when the unit is speaking turn the volume up and the nav voice volume increases.

Next I go out in mine I'll have play I think the colours of the volume bars are different

Thanks for the tips guys...much appreciated...I will give them a go.

I've only seen red volume bars on the unit so far, even when I've tried to guess when the sat nav was talking.

Well......I tried it with the radio muted...direction was displayed in centre dash dial...turned the volume knob on the main unit and the radio volume returns and goes up...still no chat from the sat nav.

I will try it when my partner is in the car and she can have a try. I don't want to crash into someone trying the get the sat-nav to talk!

I'm not even going to suggest what I say/offer is a solution but I really seem to recall that the Sat Nav options / menus / settings are confusing and not totally clear with "bits and bobs" being scattered all over the place.

It might be worth 30+ minutes of your time just exploring every obvious and totally non obvious navigation paths through the "whole blinking unit"

I recall past posts about the unit making warning sounds/beeps when turned off all due to a deeply buried setting that one would think was not relevant or even enabled.

Update on the 'no-talking' Sat Nav.

I gave up trying to get the thing to talk, so took it into the dealers.

They did a software update/reset on it...now works perfectly :)

The other upside of having this done was that the Sat-Nav/radio unit used to take an absolute age to come on, sometimes minutes after I'd started the engine. It now bursts into life immediately.

Back