Technical Fiat 500x Rear Washer Leak

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500x Rear Washer Leak

Fiat500x

Evening everyone.
I have a leak from the rear windscreen washer nozzle/tubing. Currently a trickle exits the intended nozzle and the rest of the water looks like it drips out of the top left of the plastic moulding just above the rear window.
Does anyone know how I get at this area to look at the tubing and nozzle?

Many Thanks

My old Alfa 145 had a similar issue... albeit it's a completely unrelated car.

I had to remove the plastic liner that covers the inside of the rear hatch (upper part) since that was where the fluid was dripping out... but there was nothing behind there causing the leak. Then to follow the pipe, I took off the cover over the C-pillar (inside the car again) which involved unbolting the sealt belt in the boot first, so that I could pull the cover off.

That allowed me to spot the leak.. There was a connector just inside the car body.. and where the rear washer nozzle had frozen, the back pressure of me trying to wash the rear screen had popped the hose off the connector. I re-attached it with a small cable tie over the tube to act as a hose clamp.

Anyway.. yours will likely be something similar... a connector loose (or a split) around the hatch area... inside the car more likely than inside the hatch door.

Ralf S.

Thanks Ralph, there was a brief moment of success when it came spraying out correctly but now its gone back to a sad trickle so I might be using your guide!

Back