Fiat 500S 2015 Bluetooth/playing music from phone

Currently reading:
Fiat 500S 2015 Bluetooth/playing music from phone

500Xcrosser

My daughter has had our old 2015 500S for a couple of years now and been content with the Radio i.e. not listening to it! She recently asked if she could connect her android phone to the ICE and I paired her phone successfully to make calls. However she has her own music/audiobooks on the phone and would like to listen to them and using the USB socket by the gear lever connecting to her smaller USB Type C on the phone, even selecting Aux does not do anything except charge the phone. I did some research and it suggested I need a 3.5mm round male plug that goes into the phone paired with a yellow connector into the back of the radio. I bought this, removed the radio and the white connector in the back of it to find there was no space for the yellow connector if the white one ( 3 times the width) was in. I then wondered if a lead connecting the small round aux socket next to the USB port by the gear lever direct to her phone via her smaller USB would work?
I seem to remember this has been an issue for some time but as it has not directly affected me until now did not follow the thread.
If someone has the solution I'd be greatful or could point me to the relevant thread maybe?

Back