General Fiat 500L MPW Handbrake

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500L MPW Handbrake

UKSentinel

I have an Fiat 500L MPW 2015 plate and the handbrake needs adjusting, the car has discs all the way around and I am fairly mechanically minded, just need to understand, is the adjuster underneath the car, or at the bottom of the handbrake level, which means I have to remove centre console etc?

Thank in advance

UKSentinel

The screw to adjust handbrake is located under the rear cup holder. There are no screws to take it off, just plastic locks. Than use M10 wrench .

tdq - you advice worked perfectly, I eventually got round to adjusting the handbrake and as you say, adjuster is under rear cup holder and a 10mm socket was need to adjust

Thanks

UK Sentinel :)

Hello

My 2014 Fiat 500L MPW has just failed her MOT on 1 item. The handbrake needs adjusting (tightening).

I understood there was a screw under the rear cup holder that could be nipped up to tighten the handbrake. I have removed the rear cup holder but can not see a screw that could be tightened ?

Attached should be some pictures, sorry about the messy car !

Attachments

• 20211005_180832.jpg
    20211005_180832.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 238
  • 20211005_180825.jpg
    20211005_180825.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 255
From the rear of the handbrake there is a steel thread - follow this to where you should find a single nut - this is the nut that needs to be adjusted

199002845.png

Hello

My 2014 Fiat 500L MPW has just failed her MOT on 1 item. The handbrake needs adjusting (tightening).

I understood there was a screw under the rear cup holder that could be nipped up to tighten the handbrake. I have removed the rear cup holder but can not see a screw that could be tightened ?

Remove the rest of the plastic the adjuster is likely under the "framework part

Hello

Late answer but someone may need it in the future. There is a nut hidden underneath as red arrow shows on the photo you took. Need 10mm bit and ratchet to reach it.
Capture.PNG
Regards

Back