Technical Fiat 500 Stop Start Battery

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Stop Start Battery

Hi, The stop start function is not working, I have charged the battery and it did work on the day I reconnected it but the following day it was not functioning again . The battery fitted is a Yuasa YBX7027 12 volt 65amp, is this the correct battery for this car, the battery does start the engine ok at all times but it seems it is the most likely cause of this problem and if I force stall the car it does restart. Any suggestions for a better battery, the one fitted is an AGM.

I'd say it's had in terms of stop start, how long is your normal journeys? A guess is its the second battery the cars had so whilst it will start the car may not perform the way it should ?
I use the Batterymegastore for our batteries think Tanya is also a good supplier
Has the engine earth strap been replaced?

My battery is the original factory battery from 2012

Stopstart not worked since circa 2016

Im planning on swapping my 2018 500 battery onto this 2012 twinair..as S-S still works on that 4 cyl engine

The twinair doesnt take much turning.. so a 4 year old Factory FIAT battery should be ok for a few years

Stop start is greedy..
It needs the top @15% of the battery charge

If you did a long run.. or charged battery off the car , then S-S would work for a few days

Until you had used that top 15%.. then back to where you are now

Thats still @50% of the battery still in place to start the engine every morning :)

My battery is the original factory battery from 2012

Stopstart not worked since circa 2016

Im planning on swapping my 2018 500 battery onto this 2012 twinair..as S-S still works on that 4 cyl engine

The twinair doesnt take much turning.. so a 4 year old Factory FIAT battery should be ok for a few years
I am not sure about about the T/A being easier to turn each cylinder is 437 cc approx the 1.2 cylinder is 312 cc so I would think the T/A starter would have to work harder.

S/S became standard in the UK for 2010 model year cars onward; IIRC it was optional from launch (though not often specified).

The modified rear beam was also introduced at this time, so any car with the modified beam should have S/S as standard.

Do i need to have a s/s battery on my fiat 500
That depends..

Does your car have Start-Stop capability..??
I believe early cars didnt

Do you want ... or need Stop-Start..??
Hi. My car is 2013. I have a s/s button which I have never knowingly used. My battery needs replacing and i dont know if i need a battery with s/s capability .thank you for replying

OEM battery for my 2013 Lounge is an EFB type but a standard battery was fitted (by FIAT!) and the S/S functioned properly for three years until I replaced it with an EFB in 2017. S/S still works properly six years on. The switch is used to disconnect S/S and a yellow warning lamp appears in the top right of the speedo. Sounds like your S/S simply isn't working, probably due to a weak battery.

Back