General Fiat 500 Sport

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Sport

Is the Fiat 500 'Sport' model suspension lower than the other models in the range?

Or are all the models 'Pop' 'Sport' 'Lounge' 'Diesel' and 'C' the same ride height?

I know the Abarth is lower, but wanted to know if the Sport model was lower?

Is the Fiat 500 'Sport' model suspension lower than the other models in the range?

Or are all the models 'Pop' 'Sport' 'Lounge' 'Diesel' and 'C' the same ride height?

I know the Abarth is lower, but wanted to know if the Sport model was lower?

Suspension is related to engine not trim level and different for each engine

but not lower

Suspension is related to engine not trim level and different for each engine

but not lower
Thanks Rob,

I spoke with Eibach today and questioned the reason they only have one 30mm Pro-Kit for the Fiat 500 when there are 3 different engines and weights.

They explained that only one kit was needed and the kit is TUV approved for the 1.2 Sport so it is safe to use.

Apparently any difference in ride height is so negligible it doesnt warrant seperate springs. :yum:

Last edited:
Thanks Rob,

I spoke with Eibach today and questioned the reason they have only 1 Pro-Kit for the Fiat 500 when there are 3 different engines and weights.

They explained that only one kit was needed and the kit is TUV approved for the 1.2 Sport so it is safe to use.

Apparently any difference in ride height is so negligible it doesnt warrent seperate springs. :yum:

Eibach are selling you what they have...

If one size fits all then ask yourself why other spring supplier offer 3 kits?

I see your logic, but I dont agree in applying that here.

I would want a more specific answer to that question from other spring suppliers rather than take an assumptive answer.

I've worked in retail and seen seperate product codes for the same item, with only a name change being different.

Maybe the other sports spring manufacturers like to identify and track how many springs they sell for each model. Maybe there isnt any difference except a part code number.

Who knows for sure?

In addition to the above I have spoken with Eibach again and have been given an acceptable answer that the Eibach Pro Kit will be the best available spring set for the Fiat 500 1.2 Sport. Due to its manufacturing processes used, its technical expertise and relationship with Fiat directly.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Eibach Pro-Kit spring setup is correct for the Fiat 500 1.2 Sport, as it would be with the rest of the range, all being TUV approved

Any suggestion that Eibach haven't got its sums right is just plain silly. :yum: :D

However, saying all that, I wanted to make sure the 1.2 Sport was listed for the kit... and it is :D

Last edited:
Eibach are selling you what they have...

I agree with Rob. Look at how much extra weight is in the front of the diseasel and 1.4 and ask yourself how much of a compromise the springs will have to be.

I agree with Rob. Look at how much extra weight is in the front of the diseasel and 1.4 and ask yourself how much of a compromise the springs will have to be.
I understand where you guys are coming from and I understand your logic, but having spoken with Eibach directly about this the tollerances were so small that they didnt need to design seperate springs for the range.

I'd like to know the technical specifications of the APEX spring set as an example, as I bet they are all the same as well.

Why would Eibach not bother if it was so important, and then lie about it?

That doesnt make sense

Also, Eibach went to some detail explaining that the old Clio had different spring rates for its model range, but the new Clio has one spring set across the range... same as the Fiat 500

I tried to speak with APEX this afternoon but they only correspond via email... I have a rule that I dont buy off anyone from the internet if I cant phone them..

Last edited:
Just to chuck another spanner in, I think cars on 16" alloys are sprung a bit harder.
This'll be because the lower profile of the sidewalls don't give as much cushioning as the 15's do. Mind you, what you lose in ride comfort you gain in steering input and feedback accuracy. Just make sure the false teeth are properly glued in! :)

Back