General Fiat 500 Nuova 1959

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Nuova 1959

Thank you guys, I do appreciate your feedback. You are really subject-matter experts!(y)

From your posts, I understand that the car need several improvements.

I found out the following link which I want to share it with you. You can determine the year of manufacturing out of the chassis number. It turned out that the model I was looking was not from 1959, but 1962!

carbasics.co.uk/blog/fiat-500-chassis-numbers

Cancel that it! Just had a look at the interior picture. It looks like some dodgy repair work on the floor pan as Andrew pointed out. They couldn’t be bothered to take the front part of the heater tunnel out, it looks like it has been sprayed in situ. Gear knob arghhh. It could be one of those refurbs where a nice shiny paint job is hiding some hidden problems? Also I wonder what’s hiding behind that rubber mat? Seems a bit odd to take a picture with just one bit of rubber mat in situ or am I being a bit cynical?

I wouldnt say it was worth any where near the asking price having looked at the other pictures. I probably should have looked at all of them first!:D

Hi, thanks a lot for your post. The car needs definitely several improvements. I therefore plan to negotiate the price.

The guy has also the original engine (don't know at which condition yet). Would you recommend to install the original one in case I buy it? Will it give higher value to the car?

Cheers

The guy has also the original engine .......... Would you recommend to install the original one in case I buy it? Will it give higher value to the car?

Cheers

To some people no, and to others yes. So you either buy for originality or the convenience of more power plus synchro gearbox. For me? Originally wins but for you? Well, only you know which is best :D:D

BTW, It's nice to see another D joining the forum, we're vastly out-numbered!

Last edited:
Back