Technical Fiat 500 issues

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 issues

Halla26

Quick question to test your noggins!

Girlfriend got herself a little 2008 Fiat 500 sport. However noticing few things.

1) When turn ignition on, back wiper does one swipe.
This normal? Is it a menu function to turn on/off? I'm not on about the Stick in reverse then swipe, just key in > ignition on > rear swipe

2) Notice when turn the head lights to the O position i.e all lights off, then turn the car off the rear number plates pop on and stay on.
However! When turn car back on (reg lights come on as normal), turn headlights to ON position and turn car off then the reg lights go off!

3) Lastly...! mileage is flashing on the speedo. After some research on here, looking like proxy alignment. Now where can you get this done? presuming arnold clark? They was demanding £90 already just to start a diagnostic check nvm fix it, which they looked clueless about when said proxy alignment doh.

So any help would be bloody lovely!! Cheers in advance

Quick question to test your noggins!

Girlfriend got herself a little 2008 Fiat 500 sport. However noticing few things.

1) When turn ignition on, back wiper does one swipe.
This normal? Is it a menu function to turn on/off? I'm not on about the Stick in reverse then swipe, just key in > ignition on > rear swipe

No, that sounds like a wiring fault in the rubber gaiter between the rear hatch and the body - the wiring is under greater stress here and can break/short out.

2) Notice when turn the head lights to the O position i.e all lights off, then turn the car off the rear number plates pop on and stay on.
However! When turn car back on (reg lights come on as normal), turn headlights to ON position and turn car off then the reg lights go off!

Sounds like the same cause as above.

3) Lastly...! mileage is flashing on the speedo. After some research on here, looking like proxy alignment. Now where can you get this done? presuming arnold clark? They was demanding £90 already just to start a diagnostic check nvm fix it, which they looked clueless about when said proxy alignment doh.

So any help would be bloody lovely!! Cheers in advance

Fix the wiring issues in the tailgate first, then get the proxy alignment done.

Hi thanks for quick reply.

The rubber gaiter between the rear hatch and the body? Got a more detailed description where you mean say if I'm stood outside at the rear of the car looking at it now. Yes I am being a bit slow sorry.

Thanks in advance

open the boot and it is in the top left hand corner. pull the rubber out and inspect the damage to the wiring

Right shall have a look tomorrow when a bit more sun shine! Thanks again. Hopefully it is a damaged wire.

Back