Tuning Fiat 500 Brake Disc Upgrade

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiat 500 Brake Disc Upgrade

Hi guys, I have a Fiat 500 1.2 2007 and i am thinking if i can upgrade the current breaking system to 1.4 system. is this possible ? just the caliper will fit to 1.2? what else i need to do it?

thanx

Hi jimboo and a very warm welcome :D

I've seen some thread revivals in my time, but to revive a thread last posted in six years ago, has to be a record! Still, I'm sure someone will be along to help.

Enjoy the forum!

Hi jimboo and a very warm welcome :D

I've seen some thread revivals in my time, but to revive a thread last posted in six years ago, has to be a record! Still, I'm sure someone will be along to help.

Enjoy the forum!

i hope to...!

hi all, just joined, and I want to ask a question, probably been asked many times over the years, I have a 500 1.2 2009, I have been looking at the front callipers and discs. will the Abarth callipers with there carriers, just bolt on with the matching discs (284 mm) dia ?. or do I need more parts to match it all up, any help and info would be great.

hi there jimboo, I have just found this post ,and I am asking the question, will the Abarth calipers ,with there carriers and discs bolt on to my 500 1.2, or do I need more parts ?

hi there jimboo, I have just found this post ,and I am asking the question, will the Abarth calipers ,with there carriers and discs bolt on to my 500 1.2, or do I need more parts ?

Don’t put bigger brakes on a 1.2. They will only make your car slower, I don’t mean that in a jokey sense either.

Re: 1.2 upgrade front brakes to abarth

Hi Orac, and welcome to the forum.

I see you've found this old thread on the subject - well done for finding it after all this time!

Pay particular attention to this post; the writer used a 1.4 extensively for trackday work and is well placed to comment from experience on what works, and what doesn't.

Also what exactly are you trying to achieve? For normal road use, the standard 500 brakes work just fine.

Last edited:
Re: 1.2 upgrade front brakes to abarth

hi, I have std discs (solid 11mm, 240mm), and was thinking of changing to the vented type, the 500c uses vented on some models , then I started to look at the Abarth calipers discs, only for abit more stopping power, also im looking at changing the front shocks , the Bilstein B6 and std springs ?.

hi, I have std discs (solid 11mm, 240mm), and was thinking of changing to the vented type, the 500c uses vented on some models , then I started to look at the Abarth calipers discs, only for abit more stopping power, also im looking at changing the front shocks , the Bilstein B6 and std springs ?.
Why not get grooved and drilled standard discs as an upgrade?
If you're doing the front suspension replace EVERYTHING suspension wise.

Last edited:
and yes I am replacing everything ,top mounts, bilstien b6 front shocks, new coil/springs,droplinks,track control arms, new bushes for roll/bar (powerflex),,,

yeh not bad price, look good to, still thinking of the bigger calipers/carriers and 284mm disc, but does it all bolt straight on ?, all the searching iv done suggest it does .I have a chance to get hold of a pair of brand new calipers/carriers/pads and discs for a good price, oh and in red ,

yeh not bad price, look good to, still thinking of the bigger calipers/carriers and 284mm disc, but does it all bolt straight on ?, all the searching iv done suggest it does .I have a chance to get hold of a pair of brand new calipers/carriers/pads and discs for a good price, oh and in red ,

Cant say if they will fit, the above company does the Arbarth vented/drilled etc for £71/pair

I had a look and prices are good. theres lots of choice for that size.

after some more searching the brake carriers are a different size too.

Back