General Fiat 500 5th gear test video

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 5th gear test video

lets just hope the Abarth has a serious engine in it though. 1.4 T-jet? :D

1.4 T-Jet does look favourite. However, I'd love to see FIAT go out on a limb and offer a sweet jewel like 1.8 n/a V6. No? No one else? Just me then... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
1.4 T-Jet does look favourite. However, I'd love to see FIAT go out on a limb and offer a sweet jewel like 1.8 n/a V6. No? No one else? Just me then... :rolleyes:

The 1.4 T-Jet is ideal for a small car like the 500. It's a relatively small and light engine and the turbo will give it loads of torque and upto 180 bhp (in the Grande Punto anyway). You're probably looking at similar outputs for a NA 1.8 which would most likely also be heavier, larger and possibly offer less torque.

The 1.4 T-Jet is ideal for a small car like the 500. It's a relatively small and light engine and the turbo will give it loads of torque and upto 180 bhp (in the Grande Punto anyway). You're probably looking at similar outputs for a NA 1.8 which would most likely also be heavier, larger and possibly offer less torque.

Spot on, but you forgot to mention it almost certainly would be thirstier as well. But then again, an exhaust note to to die for and revs, revs and more revs!!! Sorry went a bit funny then... need my medication. :D

looks fun in that video

jasse jase: your website nuova500.co.uk keeps saying server unavailable and even when they are available page wont load properly - kick some serius asssssssss I want to know what you got going on on there.:cry:

looks fun in that video

jasse jase: your website nuova500.co.uk keeps saying server unavailable and even when they are available page wont load properly - kick some serius asssssssss I want to know what you got going on on there.:cry:

You're right, the site has been up and down a lot recently. It's annoying because I'm paying these people money to host a website that is not up all the time. I'll get it fixed as soon as I can though.

The Fiat UK site has updated its news section on the 500 in the last couple of days. Both recent entries are interesting in there own ways.

There is an entry on 22/10/07 that is atributed to a press release whether this is a Fiat press release or not I don't know. If it is from Fiat it is interesting to see that they are still talking about 3 engines being available, especially as the article is aimed at the UK market.

The second entry is rather more worrying. It isn't attributed to anybody so whether this is a sly Fiat release of more likely due to the content an article lifted from the national press or from the internet online websites. The price of the 500 is quoted as being 11,000 upwards!

A bit steep for a 1.2 popular I would say.

http://www.fiat.co.uk/Content/News.aspx?page=1&filter=360

Last edited:
Good spot greyboxer, all recent evidence has suggested a lower purchase price so I must admit I was rather surprised to see £11,000 mentioned. Although that price wont be far off the mark for the top of the range models I guess.

Back