General Fiat 128 1.1L Head gasket where to buy?

Currently reading:
General Fiat 128 1.1L Head gasket where to buy?

Fiatawy

Hello guys,

I'm new here but I have been a visitor from time to time.

Today is a sad day for me. I found oil in my coolant expansion tank (a little oil). I guess my gasket is blowing now. Funny, everything else is fine. Anyways, no work has been done on the engine before ('74 128 1.1L, 83K mi).

The car did overheat a few times but that was over 5 years ago due to a clogged radiator. Care was a bit sketchy then but that was because of limited availability (farm lands etc..). When I got my hands on it, around 5 years ago, I was really careful with it. Doesn't matter much now, the gasket is gone. Back when I got it i replaced the radiator with a new one (works perfectly since), antifreeze and everything in, the system did't leak a drop since my ownership.

Where can I buy a head gasket of good quality online? I have found gaskets but only for the 1.3L. Ideas?

Thanks,
Fiatawy

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I'll send them an e-mail.

You mentioned Uno 55 and Uno 60. I did have the same impression that these cars have the same engine or atleast the specs. would imply the same engine, I could look into it. Forgive me, but what do you mean by "Sauce one" ?

I could have leverage in the US as well, if I could find an online shop there.

Thank you, awaiting your reply. :)

Check out the Yugo's parts over there too as many of them have the same 1100 sohc engine.

If you get really stuck I'm fairly sure I have a genuine one here that you can have for the price of postage. It came with my race X1/9 1500 engine but when I came to reassemble the engine I noticed that the flame rings were over 2mm into the bores! The one I have is for the 10 off 12mm bolt/stud head.

Hi

Yes, it's the same 1116 engine as in Yugo. It is still in production in Serbia :eek: , also in zastava skala 55, derivate of Fiat 128...

But if you cannot find any, I'll send you by mail

Regards,
Alex from Belgrade

Sorry for the delay, I was quite busy these last few weeks...

Thanks for your replies everyone. I made contact with shop4parts and they said they have a gasket in stock. I'll go through the procedure soon.

How long can I stay using the blown gasket? I flushed the cooling system a few days ago and so far so good. How long can I run like this?

Also, I do have a source for Yugo parts, but I'm not sure if they have 1.1L engine parts. I'll ask. If I could go the Yugo route, is it fine to use the 1.1L gasket from the Yugo parts bin?

Back