FIAT 127

Currently reading:
FIAT 127

When I was little my mum had a FIAT 127 - it was great! X reg the first time round, it was brown. Do they still exist? Does anyone still have one? And does anyone know a bit about their production history?

It's a long shot - but does anyone have my mum's car??! (Reg number was ??? 18X maybe? i think it had a G in it but it was defo X reg)

More likely: it's in the great FIAT Car park in the sky...;)

Cinqmeister

Try

http://www.carsfromitaly.com/fiat/index.html

and follow the link "models"

Perhaps yours was a "Rustica" series II :I

Sorry.

BTW if you get one I have a Haynes handbook going begging - nobody seems interested...

Regards

John H

I had a .........................................

1050 70BHP sport and they are nice too Steve, the only problem with these motors (especially the 1300) is there isn't any room in the engine bay, and they are a biatch to work on!

They go like stink though for their engine sizes and with a set of alloys on the 1300GT goes round corners like she's on rails! An XR2 beater in her day!

steveyensen said:
I thought you gave it to me, John?

Er, yes.. but that message is from March 2003.

Thinks... Perhaps I should have edited it, while I could:
this post from the old site doesn't give (originator of the post) rights to edit it.

Anyway - what Steve said.

Last edited:
I restored a 83 (A) one of the last 127 1300 gt's ten years ago for the misses, which she ran for 5.5 years and was an absolutlely fantastic car very little maintainance required apart from welding floors, sills, inner sills and outer wheel arches, doors, fond memories i even painted it in the first mica pearl blue that came out BEAUTY!!!! Ant! she now drives uno ie turbo!

Back