Technical Fiat 127 Special 900 Rebuild

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 127 Special 900 Rebuild

Ringhio

In this Thread I want to inform you about the rebuilding of my 127 (if somebody is interested on it...) :D

Last Tuesday I received the car. As it stood 2-3years outdoor (and the weather here in Switzerland is always bad and rainy), it was quite dirty, inside and outside.

Here are the first Pics:

3DE27.jpg

3DQ7T.jpg

3EGON.jpg

I brought the car directly to a friend of mine to remove the rust.
After that I have to change the springs and the exhaust to make the "Vehicle Admission" (? - sorry, don't know the word in english :eek: ; in fact, it's a kind of test that the car have to pass, so that you receive the permission that you can drive it, that it's safe)

As soon as I have this permission, the 127 will be lowered again, the exhaust will be changed with a louder one, other wheels, interior, HiFi, and so on...

ah yes, I forgot: I also have a second 127 (1050ccm) for spare parts ;)

Hi Ringhio. Always glad to see and hear about another 127 being put back on the road. I to am currently restoring a MK2 Sport and hope to have it finished by next May all being well. I have all the pics etc about the resto on my site if your interested and I'm hoping 127 owners will contribute on the message page to so please feel free to join in.
And make sure you take plenty of photos of your car being restored. (y)

does anybody knows the offset of the 83 127?

is it 5 or 35?

I'm looking for some wheels...

thx

@stuartl

WOW! I'v seen your 127 on your site. PERFECT! (y)
great work you've done there!!!
It's a pity that I can't admire it live :cry:

great idea!

I will register there and inform a friend of mine too about it (he has two 127, a normal one and a panorama) ;)

I just wanted to inform you, that it was a little change to my rebuild-project.

I brought my 900 to 4 different places, to remove the rust. But unfortunately there is so much rust, that it would cost too much (GBP 800-1600.--).

Therefore I decided to check out the conditions of the 1050 and it's much better than the 900!

So, now my plans have changed: the 900 will be the spare-parts-car and the 1050 is the lucky one, which will be rebuilt :)

I hope that someone will remove the rust in one of the next weeks...

I will keep you informed

Soooo...after a long waiting time finally the project can begin.

Yesterday we took off the gearbox, the clutch, the flywheel, the starter, the tank and the exhaust (I hope that all words are correct….I don’t know all the technical terms…)

Today “the guy who repairs the rust” (sorry, don’t know the term) starts with his work and after that the car will be painted. First I have to decide what color. At the moment, my prefered color is black dull (MadMax-like), but I’m also thinking about other special colors, like brown, military-green, …

In the meanwhile we’ll clean and revise the gearbox, replace the clutch, the flywheel will have a little diet…about 1kg, and the starter too, will be cleaned

These are the two cars:

The 900:

NWAK7.jpg

NX9N3.jpg

NXOMA.jpg

NZ52B.jpg

And the 1050:

NZN2D.jpg

O1Y66.jpg

clutch

O3EOW.jpg

gearbox

O3R64.jpg

flywheel

O4H8V.jpg

Pressure plate (???)

O60ME.jpg

starter

O7OI2.jpg

To be continued….

update

after having changed the doors, bonnet and tailgate, the 127 will now be painted.

I finally decided the paint: it's the original dark-brown! :)

As I first saw the pale brown I was not really attracted form it. But as I removed the Abarth-Badge on the fender the original, fresh color came to light and it was like "WOW"!! :yum: (y)

So I decided to take this color....real oldschool style ;)

next week it should be painted

finally the car is painted. here some pics:

M59PF.jpg

M5CB2.jpg

M5E9X.jpg

M5JSD.jpg

we also started the engine....after 9 years!!

Hi all.....;)

I see a 1050 for sale in the 'Classic Weekly' paper (UK 'old car' paper).
45k and seems to be all there. Are these as rusty as one might think??
I understand they are real flying machines??

might be worth a punt - by someone.......

Cheers
JOhn:idea:

Hi John. At this stage in life if they haven't been restored they more than likely are in need of some work.

The MK2 Sport put out 75 BHP from a 1050 engine and can be easily tuned to near 90hp. Mine is apparently putting out around 85 HP as it has a John Fancy tuned head and sporty air filter. It certainly kept up easily with modern traffic before I took it off the road for restoration. 1300 GT has only slightly more HP and can rust badly behind the plastic panels.

Fantastic little cars though.(y)

mines here. www.maranellohouse.com

Update

I’ve empty and cleaned the interior…

1340C.jpg

14A33.jpg

15D4X.jpg

…and laied the carpet in it

166FU.jpg

we dismantled the brakes...

1AALF.jpg

...and revised the parts

1B2XO.jpg

1BG4W.jpg

1BLZ2.jpg

update

rear seats

204RK.jpg

the front seats are ready, but I wait to fix it till I have finished the whole interior.

door panels

21YXR.jpg

The bumpers finally were painted black

23WTY.jpg

24AGM.jpg

24CKP.jpg

24NN5.jpg

24QAH.jpg

I covered the rooftop with a beige/golden Alcantara

23LN9.jpg

23OIY.jpg

Back