Fiat 127 Mk3 Comfort

Currently reading:
Fiat 127 Mk3 Comfort

pejtrijit

Hi there :)

I have an beige '83 127 Comfort, 903cc engine with less than 50k miles. Car has always been service regularly and I have all the service history since the purchase (family car).

As much as I love the car, I'm curious for how much they are selling in the UK. I live in Malta, so no serious rust issues (always sunny here!), and I'm glad to say that the shell is in optimum condition. I am aware that these cars are rare, but it will not find love here locally. "If" I decide to put it on sale, I want it to go to a good home :) I also have some spares including a Mk2 sports interior and a brand new front bumper (Mk3 comfort).

I have not put this in the classified section because it's not for sale, I'm just curious about an expected price if I were to sell it to an enthusiast in the UK.

Cheers! :)

I have an beige '83 127 Comfort, 903cc engine with less than 50k miles. Car has always been service regularly and I have all the service history since the purchase (family car).

As much as I love the car, I'm curious for how much they are selling in the UK. I live in Malta, so no serious rust issues (always sunny here!), and I'm glad to say that the shell is in optimum condition. I am aware that these cars are rare, but it will not find love here locally. "If" I decide to put it on sale, I want it to go to a good home :) I also have some spares including a Mk2 sports interior and a brand new front bumper (Mk3 comfort).

I have not put this in the classified section because it's not for sale, I'm just curious about an expected price if I were to sell it to an enthusiast in the UK.

Palio

If it's a beige car with a chocolate brown interior I may well be jumping on a plane (or a Maltese falcon!) very soon :eek:

Any pictures please?

Welcome to the mad house :wave:

Sounds

Yes we'd need to see some decent photos.

You say no serious rust issues - that implies not so serious rust issues, but you say the shell is optimum (rust free)? That will make a difference.

The mk3 is not particularly sought after in the UK, and it's got the 903cc too. It's not something I'd pay much for, but the last few 127's up for sale seem to have gone a bit nuts, so there's definitely a decent market.

It needs to be nicely presented, with a good advert & plenty of photos. People won't generally be interested in a Maltese car, so I'd say you need to bring it here, register & mot it, or the bidding will be sparse. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies :)

Yes car is beige but has a beige interior not chocolate brown. Shell has been treated regularly with Waxoyl on the underside and has no rust, apart from a little brush under the plastics. Doors might need replacing, but I might do that myself :)

Here is a pic of the car. It's sitting on 13" Momo wheels but I have the original steelies (not in good shape I'm afraid) and the original Fiat hub-cups. I'll post some of the interior as soon as I get to the garage :) (y)

Last edited:
^
Very nice! Pls. most more photos if possible.

Looks much more fresher than my Francesca il Marocco, which is of the same model, colour and year.

I know that the earlier ones are the loved and cared for ones and nobody really cares about these, especially in beige, but I find certain simple honesty in them, and that makes them lovable, methinks.

-Tazio

Thanks, I will soon enough!

I'm eyeing a Mk3 GT on ebay going over 1k sterling on bids (in only 2 days!), which is quite good money :) I think I'm going to do some TLC myself over the next few years and make sure the car is prestine, and decide at that point if I'm selling it.

My plan with the car is to swap the exterior for a Mk2 (new wings, bonnet, bumpers, lights etc) and apply a custom metallic dark brown paint (would look nuts with the cream half-leather interior it has!) I'm thinking otherwise however.. the more original the car, the better re-sale value I believe. So might just re-spray it with its original color.

Back