FF members in the South of Ireland

Currently reading:
FF members in the South of Ireland

when he said "South of Ireland" i took that to mean anything south of the galway-dublin line. then i thought he might mean the whole of ireland and maybe he was unable to accept that northern ireland was a seperate country, so he called ireland the "south of ireland" and northern ireland the "north of ireland". then i thought its probably best not to ask, i dont fancy a nail bomb in my wheely bin.

you never ask an irish man about irish geography, politics, history or religion, it just isnt worth it.

when he said "South of Ireland" i took that to mean anything south of the galway-dublin line. then i thought he might mean the whole of ireland and maybe he was unable to accept that northern ireland was a seperate country, so he called ireland the "south of ireland" and northern ireland the "north of ireland". then i thought its probably best not to ask, i dont fancy a nail bomb in my wheely bin.

As I found out from having a discussion with Dave awhile back, some people outside of Ireland regard Ireland as the whole island, including ROI and NI, as you put it "unable to accept that northern ireland was a seperate country". To call ROI south of Ireland is incorrect because if people were to educate themselves and look at a map they would realise that Donegal is no further south than Tyrone or Fermanagh!! When someone says south of Ireland, I think of Cork, Waterford, Kerry, Limerick area!

you never ask an irish man about irish geography, politics, history or religion, it just isnt worth it.
Don't make silly comments!:rolleyes:

As I found out from having a discussion with Dave awhile back, some people outside of Ireland regard Ireland as the whole island
only the ignorant, but unfortunately the uk is full of them.

they have been educated by tabloid newpapers so they think germans are nazis, immigrants dont work, the govt is run by satan and islam is a type of explosive. all they have been told about the irish is that they want to blow the british up for some reason, but they dont know why or even where ireland is.

if only i was joking.

Last edited:
not so long ago a member posted a comment saying that she wouldn't want to drive to Ireland incase her UK reg would draw attention!!!

I remember that thread with Dave got a bit heated actually and I also had to do a quick history revision because people didn't actually know what had happened at all. I understand people may not know the ins and outs of the whole thing going back 100s of years to the first Irish plantations but I thought people might have a general idea! The Easter Rising wasn't even a hundred years ago!!

At least I know you've got some kind of education!! :p You seem quite read up on alot of things!

Jeez i really opened a can of worms here didn't I :D. I actually did mean Cork, Limerick, Kerry etc because i was looking at the member's map and FFers are few and far between here. As for the issue thats sprung from this thread, i would acknowledge Nothern Ireland as a seperate country but at the same time then, I regarded the people i have met from there as Irish more than British and they didn't seem to mind too much.

Interesting thread this.....

Back