Technical Few Questions.

Currently reading:
Technical Few Questions.

Baily

Hi,

Right i have a Fiat Seicento Sporting (S reg) and having a few problems...

Firstly, now having a few searches found that not many people are having this problem but its with the Washer Bottle. I fill her up right to the top then i can see her steadily emptying, if i have a look underneath then the water is just draining out at a fair pace.

Any ideas what could be the problem? thought it might be a crack in the bottle or a loose pipe but how do i get to look where the pipes are? (sorry if these questions sound abit nooobish!)

Secondly, this doesn't happen all the time but just when i just sometime's switch the engine off i can hear what seems to be a like a draining sound? similar to if you were pulling a plug out of a sink... sounds abit weird but its only occationally.

and thirdly this is linked to the first thing the rear washer seems not to be working when i can get the washer full for a short time. Any ideas?

Any Help is very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance for looking.

Regards
Neil

Hi

Common problems there; the pipes that run from the washer bottle sit above the radiator. The heat from that knackers them and they split. If you jack the car up, remove the front right wheel and wheel arch liner you will see them up in the wing. Very easy to replace, and that should stop it leaking.

The rear wash.. does the motor make any noise? If it does, then its likely to be a non-return valve that has failed. I'm not 100% sure where they run on the Sei. On the Cinq, the pipe runs across the top of the slam panel, near the bonnet catch. Check that pipe for a small valve, normall has a circle with a triangle inside it on it. Remove the pipe from that, and then test the wash - see if it sprays water out, if it does then its a faulty valve - they cost about 50p.

The odd noise it makes, where does it come from? It is probably just fuel pressure being released. I wouldnt worry about it, people have said in the past that their centos fart. Ive never heard mine do it, but others do and it seems fine.

The odd noise isnt the radiator fan is it? This stops as engine is switched off, but is obviosuly slowing down, you may hear it for a few seconds if that.

does it cut off with the engine on the Sei? On the Cinq, if you kill the engine with the fan on, it'll spin until it cools the water in the rad enough let the switch turn off.

the sound is a sort of bubbling sound coming from the front it may be just nothing but made me kind of curious though as it was only occationally.

With regards to the washer pump yes the motor does run when i goto spray anything but nothing comes out. Ill get the bottle repaired first then check that later cos thats not really important. having something to wash from is! :D

Cheers
Neil

Oh One other thing, seeing as the Seicento's don't have temp gauges (miss my cinqy for that, really handy!) is it possible to fit one and for those who may have done it is it a ball ache?!

Last edited:
Baily said:
Oh One other thing, seeing as the Seicento's don't have temp gauges (miss my cinqy for that, really handy!) is it possible to fit one and for those who may have done it is it a ball ache?!

You can fit an aftermarket one in, its has been sucessfully done by MintySport on his sei. Dont think it is much of a ballache, you might have to drill into yuor dash though

Baily said:
the sound is a sort of bubbling sound coming from the front it may be just nothing but made me kind of curious though as it was only occationally.

With regards to the washer pump yes the motor does run when i goto spray anything but nothing comes out. Ill get the bottle repaired first then check that later cos thats not really important. having something to wash from is! :D

Cheers
Neil

The chances are that it is the pipe feeding the rear washers has split and come off try filling the bottle and press the rear washers check if there is a flood under the car

arc said:
does it cut off with the engine on the Sei? On the Cinq, if you kill the engine with the fan on, it'll spin until it cools the water in the rad enough let the switch turn off.

Yer it sorta does summat like that, but it like gets quieter as soon as engine goes on, im assuming this is the fan just slowing down after its cycle, it doesnt happen all the time. Since the duplex's went on ive not heard much but a burbling sound from the back :yum:

Back