Technical Few Probs Today :(

Currently reading:
Technical Few Probs Today :(

Ste (homz)

hi :)

hoping you guys or gals can help me out with a few problems ive been having today.

i turned right and started to hear a wierd noise from the front, sounds like the front right, it sounds like a rattle and i only hear it when i do full lock to the right, when i got home i had a look under the car and couldnt see any obstructions or anything,

so after having a play about under the car i took it for a drive to see if it had stopped, again when i do full lock right i hear this noise from the front.

if that wasnt bad enough everytime i change gear now as well (again only noticed today) i hear a squeek everytime i change gear.

the cars mot is due in june although i dont wana have to put up with it till then, ive had the car about 2 months and its been great up until now, the guy said it could do with a service when i bought it, do you think that would help.

im a total noob when it comes to cars so havent got a clue, i did check all the fluids though as you do and there all ok :).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i been doing a bit of googling, i just checked the boots and there all ok,

how ever i did notice on the front right wheel which i thought the sound was coming from that there is some kind of plastic hosing that goes up and connects to some kind of rubber rings, the plastic hosing has come down and i can see a solid black rod, i checked the other wheel and this is coverd by the plastic hose which looks to be connected to these rubber rings...

sorry if that made no sence, ill just take it to a garage tommorow i guess :(

god what a lousy day....

called into my mates garage, he found that the knocking noise was a broken rod of some sort that, so hes fitted a new one of those so the tracking is out now which he needs to do on a machine which he didnt have access to today.

i asked if he could tighten my handbrake as it didnt feal very good and had to be pulled all the way up for the car to even hold, upon doing this he rang me and said the reason the handbrake doesnt work right is because the back breaks dont work at all, and also who ever fitted the alloys before i bought the car had used screws that where far too big so they have also been grinding on the back.

hes going to sort out my breaks and handbreak tommorow so im hoping everything will be ok then, now the gearbox has started to make a squeek too, just gone from bad to worse today :(

excellent day :)

the back breaks are all fine and working now, the handbrake is mint, pull it up 2 notches and the car holds fine, i break now and i stop dead where i am, never had that before.

the knockin noise is also gone :)

well happy, shame i got to leave it stood a week now to go on holiday :D

Back