Technical few problems - advice needed, petrol tank - exhaust - flaking paint

Currently reading:
Technical few problems - advice needed, petrol tank - exhaust - flaking paint

aspringerslove

hey,

can any1 give my some adivce? i have a fiat seicento sporting 1.1 1999, i need a new petrol tank as mine isnt repairable, any cheap sites, also, my exhaust has started to burn away, i have only noticed it recently, do the exhausts come in three parts or are they one long tube? and roughly how much money am i looking at paying out?

onemore thing, my paint has started to flake away on the bumper, whats the best spray paint for me to use on this and is it just the paint i will need to touch it up?

fair play to her though i have had her nearly 5years and shes been brilliant.. think shes just a little sick at the moment and i need to give her a treat and a health check lol..

appreciate any advice.. thanks...:)

Don't buy a new fuel tank just yet. I managed to get one under the Fiat recall about 15 months ago and mine is a 1998 "S" reg.

I went to a dealer and told them that Fiat had sent me a recall letter but I couldn't find it - they fitted a new tank within days. I did the same thing 2 years ago with my wifes L reg Cinq.

• Reference : R/2004/049
  • Manufacturer Ref : 4678
  • Make: FIAT
  • Model : Seicento
  • Launch Date : 30/04/2004
  • Numbers Involved : 16175
  • Build Start Date : 01/03/1998
  • Build End Date : 01/09/1999
  • Concern : POSSIBILITY OF LEAKAGE FROM FUEL TANK DUE TO CORROSION
  • Description : Possibility of fuel leakage from the fuel tank due to corrosion
  • Remedial Action : Likely to be affected vehicles will be recalled, during which time the fuel tank will be inspected for corrosion. Should corrosion be found, the fuel tank will be replaced.
  • Vehicle Id : ZFA18600000000010 to ZFA18600000368384

Last edited:
Back