Tuning Ferodo DS2500 Pads for 500 1.4 16v

Currently reading:
Tuning Ferodo DS2500 Pads for 500 1.4 16v

CoopVT

I hope you will forgive this post as I am a died in the wool Fiat/Alfa nut - when I was 17 I owned a Strada 105 TC mk1 with the triple red dials in the centre like a Ferrari. I still miss that car many years on..

Anyway some time ago someone with a 1.4 16v 500 wanted Ds2500 pads and I had to order 5 sets of fronts and rears. He was confident they'd sell.
I still have 4 sets left...

Would there be any way I can poll for interest via the forum or someone could organise a group buy on them?

Also someone tell me if there are opportunities for dealers to sponsor the forum?

thanks again
Julian

I
Also someone tell me if there are opportunities for dealers to sponsor the forum?

thanks again
Julian

yes there is i have sent you a pm with the details.

what are the part numbers~? they may fit other fiats

DS2500 (material compound suffix: H
The DS2500 compound is designed for racing applications thanks to its excellent speed and temperature sensitivity characteristics.

The main characteristics of DS2500 are:

Race developed
Performs equally well on heavy and light cars
20% less pad wear than competitive products.
Minimal bedding-in. Supplied ready to use.
Disc friendly.
Consistent friction level with changing temperatures and speeds to give optimal pedal modulation.
High friction level at low temperature (good cold braking).
High friction level at very high temperatures.
35% less compressability than competitive products (racing pedal feel).
Less noise for increased driving comfort

Ferodo DS2500 Racing Brake Pads are designed for track day use. They provide low and high speed braking efficiency, reduced stopping distances and a consistent brake pedal feel at all temperatures
Ferodo DS2500 Race Pads use a new generation of friction material which is very low in compressibility, ensuring a firm pedal whilst still providing great life for both disc and pad. Combined with low wheel dusting and good noise characteristics, Ferodo DS2500 Pads provide the ultimate in track day braking performance.
Note that because Ferodo DS2500 pads have on average 40% higher friction than standard pads, they are generally not R90 approved for Road Use, but this will differ from car to car, so please check the regulations relating to your specific make and model.

Features
Designed for the Track
Low & High Speed Braking Efficiency
Kind to Brake Discs
Consistent Friction Co-Efficient
Low Wheel Dusting

Last edited:
thanks very much. will reply to the PM

re pads FCP1466H front fits 500 1.4 16v and some Grande Punto models
FCP1324H rear (these fits lots of models)

cheers
Julian

CoopVT, what's the cost for a set of fronts? If it's reasonable I'm in. If no one is interested in a group buy I'm still interested in a set as long as they're not stupid money. I've used them before and they're not bad.

If I still had a F500 1.4 I would have LOVED a set of these. I probably would have overlooked the fact that there are not E marked so in theory they should not be used on the road. They would be appear to have the performance of a racing pad without the squeeling that's normally associated with them.

I've used a set on mine in the past and they're not bad. At the time though, I honestly felt they didn't live up to the hype. That's why I'm curious to try another set now.

After EBC greens, yellows, Mintex, Pagid and Fiat OEM pads the question in my mind is how do the 2500's compare to a set of Ferodo 1500 pads.

For those of you who have never tried them, the ferodo 1500's are a little known gem. Most motor factors stock them and don't really consider them anything other than factory oem equivalents. They retail for about £20.

Over a lot of hard use I've learned they're a fantastic value/performance compromise. Put it this way, on non vented front discs it took 8000 miles, 30 balls out laps of the ring and a couple of hours hammering around Spa Francorchamps to kill them. During the track abuse they held up better than some other name brands on the list above.

Sorry my last post was food deprived. By non vented I meant non dimpled/grooved, not vented. All 1.4 fronts are vented discs. Brain fade.

Back