february 2008 greener london thing?

Currently reading:
february 2008 greener london thing?

Nope, you're too old you're out. I for instance have a 1996 Mercedes Sprinter car transporter. It doesn't smoke, passes MOT's easily and is properly maintained. In actual fact it is just a toy, so whether or not I can drive it into London doesn't particularly affect me.

However it still seems pretty crazy that I'm perfectly free to drive the thing into Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam but from February onwards if I drive it into London I'd be breaking the law!

ah ive read the link now, when jai said have i seen cameras going up i though, there was going to be a man at other end looking for the vans that chuck out loads of smoke :eek:

You'll be taxed on farting soon in London and if your a fat bloke you'll have to pay more as well.

hope they ban them horrible diesel citroens and peugeots that seem to just go around with smokey exhausts everywhere.

i have a diesel, but at least it only releases a little bit of smoke when i start it up, or put my foot down and boot it :rolleyes:

Exemptions

The following vehicles will automatically be exempt from the LEZ if registered in Great Britain. These will not need to be registered with TfL and are not be subject to the daily charge:
Vehicles designed and built for mainly off-road use, but which may be used on the road for limited purposes, including: agricultural and forestry tractors, mowing machines, agricultural and farm machinery and equipment, mobile cranes, and road and building construction machinery

we will be seeing a lot more tractors in london now then

Back