Favourite Film

Currently reading:
Favourite Film

Trancendental said:
I'm changing my answer, How could I forget 'Cannonball Run' :D

I don't think I've seen the first one, only the second one with Jackie Chan.

Dobby you need to post that to me :p

The cannonball run (1981) is the one with Jackie Chan,where he drives the black Subaru with Dom DeLuise as captain chaos. and burt renaylds where he is driving the ambulance.i have that on DVD. Gumball rally has Michael Sarrazin and
Norman Burton. With the Ac cobra. and i have just found a copy on amazon of it at last :) another film i saw was similar to the gumball rally but was more of a horror film where the drivers died.i remeberd one bit where a racer jacked a car up on the side of the road and layed under it so he could shoot another driver as he came past,and he shot him but the car then crashed into the jacked up car and crushed the man. anyone know what its called?

CJ_CINQQY said:
:bang: but they are all region 1 dvd's so cant play them here :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

CJ i've got the gumball rally here somewhere

if i can find i'll run off a few copies.

Dobby said:
CJ i've got the gumball rally here somewhere

if i can find i'll run off a few copies.

excellent,would it play on a normal dvd player?as all the ones on amazon say it has to be a region 1 or a multi region player,which i havent got :'( been looking for that film since i bought my first dvd player about 5 year ago

CJ_CINQQY said:
excellent,would it play on a normal dvd player?as all the ones on amazon say it has to be a region 1 or a multi region player,which i havent got :'( been looking for that film since i bought my first dvd player about 5 year ago

Should do, warrens mum got it for him a year or 2 ago and it played on ours at the time which was one of the cheapie ones

Worth a shot anyway, if i find it i'll give you a shout(y)

I wonder if this movie classifies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Man_and_a_Woman

I am painfully missing this movie in my collection of all things 60s - I forgot to set up a VCR, it was on TV at some strange wee hours of the morning.

It is only remotely connected to motoring - but it is probably the only romance I ever watched until the unevitable ending.

BTW, this reminds me that Anouk Aimée starred in "La Dolce Vita" where Marcello Mastroianni drove Aston Martin convertible... which is the car I saw a week ago some 30 kms from where I live waiting for professional restoration...

What a free association :eek:

favourite CAR Film has to be taxi the french version

not the crap one with queen latifa or whoever

but agree with some about the car scenes in ronin(y)

1986Uno45S said:
I've not actually seen it all the way through :)o ), but there is one film that all oldskool hotrodders used to like and that was 'American Graffiti'. Anyone seen it????

Yeh man, i love that film, although it was a complete flop when realised i still whack it on every once in a while. Top Film (y)

err dont have a favourite car related film, actually i dont have a favourite film tbh... just like films :D

short list would include
Taxi (original in french)
gone in 60 seconds
ronin
cannonball run
smokey and the bandit :D
herbie films (not seen the new one yet)

havent seen bullit or vanashing point yet... but are to be ordered soon... will use this thread as a shopping list me thinks :D

blu73 said:
Yeh man, i love that film, although it was a complete flop when realised i still whack it on every once in a while. Top Film (y)

I assume that it (American Grafitti) then went on to become a big hit on video instead? That's what happend with The Blues Brothers as well, flopped on the big screen but became a massive cult film on video instead.

A good car chase and also a good film is in the opening of the French film 'Subway' starring Christopher Lambert. Manic driving in a Peugeot 205 GTi outrunning the Police! Top film as well. (y)

Another film loved by oldskool hotrodders was 'Heart Like a Wheel', though I've never seen it myself. Apparently it's about a female drag racer?

Yeh, American Graffiti was bigger on video sales than on the big screen, as far as i know it didn't even break even though. Think its just one of things, wasn't realised at the right time or whatever coz it is a good film, with a brilliant cast including Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard and Harrison Ford.

I believe there is a sequel but i never seen it and don't think it was a George Lucas film like the first, I'm intrigued now, shall have to go find out..

Edit: 2nd film is called 'More American Graffiti' has a different director (bill norton), and producer (Howard Kanzanjian) but the same cast. Set a bit further into future

Synopsis: This loosely structured sequel to "American Graffiti" jumps back and forth in time, chronicling the first film's close-knit bunch of hot-rodding teenagers as they go their separate ways. In 1964, John Milner has changed little and still occupies his time with women and fast cars. In 1965, Terry the Toad, now a soldier, schemes to get out of Vietnam by faking an injury. In 1966, Debbie and Carol join the flower people in San Francisco. In 1967, now-married Steve and Laurie play out a domestic dispute while a riot breaks out at an anti-war rally.

Sounds a bit crap tbh but might be worth a quick look

Last edited:
I love American Graffiti, dont think i'll bother seeing the sequel, sounds a bit naff. Love the white T bird mmmmmmm

Back