Technical Faulty central locking back door only

Currently reading:
Technical Faulty central locking back door only

Stealth123

Just getting another beer
Hi guys, it has been awhile, my now ex wife gave me endless problems, but I am back on track now.

Anyway my central locking works on 3 doors but the back door right side, the pin stays up.
I have looked in the guides and done a search and cant find any reference to this problem.
Can someone please point me in the right direction in temporarily disabling the door in locked position until I can source the part and knowhow to fixing it?
Thank you.

First thing I would test is to check you are getting voltage at the central locking motor when the car is attempting to lock/unlock the car. If it is, its a faulty lock. If its not, its hopefully a wiring fault somewhere (possibly the connector in the door jam since its frequently moved with the door opening/closing)

First thing I would test is to check you are getting voltage at the central locking motor when the car is attempting to lock/unlock the car. If it is, its a faulty lock. If its not, its hopefully a wiring fault somewhere (possibly the connector in the door jam since its frequently moved with the door opening/closing)

Thanks for that, I forgot to mention the pin does move a few mm when opening or locking, but it does not go fully down to lock the door.

No I cant push it down manually at all, it sticks in the open position

Sorry to bump this, but I need ideas as I need to look at it on saturday.

Sounds like the lock mechanism itself is jammed up - either that or its not latching on the catch properly if they've become misaligned. You can try loosen the catch in the door frame, pull it outwards a bit and tighten it back up - if that doesn't solve it remember to put it back in to its original position.
If its the mechanism, you can try remove it, clean it and grease it up but their not easy to disassemble as far as I can remember so you might need a second-hand unit.

Sounds like the lock mechanism itself is jammed up - either that or its not latching on the catch properly if they've become misaligned. You can try loosen the catch in the door frame, pull it outwards a bit and tighten it back up - if that doesn't solve it remember to put it back in to its original position.
If its the mechanism, you can try remove it, clean it and grease it up but their not easy to disassemble as far as I can remember so you might need a second-hand unit.

Thank you Xen, I will check it out and let you know

Back