Technical fault code idetify

ricec87

i have had the check engine light come on and had it to my local garage £10:slayer: (not stealers £60 :eek:) and he says this

p0401 = egr valve
(have been having problems with boost before light came on)

01569 = unidentifyed code

can any body identify this code for me please?

i have had the check engine light come on and had it to my local garage £10:slayer: (not stealers £60 :eek:) and he says this

p0401 = egr valve

Hi there, It looks like the second code you have is incorrect - it should be a letter with 4 digits after it...

With regards to the EGR, if your car isnt under warrenty, have a look at the post I made not so long ago about the Saab version of the EGR valve :)

OP
OP
R

ricec87

have had the light come back on and been back to my local garage(free to clear the fault as he culdnt tell me what was wrong first time :) ) he has checked the codes and the egr fault has come up again, so thats what has brought the light on. i am thinking of doing it this week end, hopefuly sorts out my fault code and boost problems i have been having

T14086

Forum Moderator

p0401 = egr valve

£10 not such a bargain if it can only tell you 50% of the codes however your forgetting a dealers chsrge of £60 includes a hours diagnosis which in the majority of cases is ample time to indentify the fault.